PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blow Out coming???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lurked your board for awhile and while every fans base has its share of homers, I've got to hand it to you guys. First, I'm not a Pats hater, in fact I have admiration for your team accomplishment. But many of you really let it to your head and damn arrogant... this thread is typical.

Blow out? you haven't watched much this Jaguars team... No body have blown us out and that included the Colts whose offense may be just a bit less than the Patriots (debatable). The only team put 41 on us was the Saints and that was an offgame for us. like the Giants put 35 on you.
NE 42-10? what a joke friend, put your money on it if you believe...

too bad this thread becomes smack instead of serious discussion and you started name calling on any Jaguars fans... Let's me say this, be prepared to be on the edge of your seat. You have more to lose than us, how far we go will be icing, but 16-1 won't look good. :cool:

I bump this because dont want to start a new thread... afterall this blowout talk was what brought me to this board.

I come back to congratulate and wish the Patriots well and go all the way.
I rooted for the Pats in 2001 and 2004, neutral in 2003 because my folks are from NC.

Brady is just too good ... I am a fan of Brady too and I dislike Manning. I posted here before that the Patriots were a better team - I am not a homer- and I thought we had 30% chance of winning, so, greatly disappointed but not surprised we lost.
I saw a thread here praising Garrard... What irony, I saw a lot of posts disparaging him before the game, and I was very disappointed by his fumble that gave the Pats an easy 7 and the late INT that killed us. Perhaps Pats fans like him now with those gifts? :p ?
Those mistakes are uncharacteristic of him... he rarely made those in regular season. But he's young and hope he'll learn.

I felt about Northcutt the same way you felt about Reche last year. At least your front office got Moss, Welker, Stallw,... while Garrard got stuck with Wilford, Williams, Jones and cut-Northcutt... It takes more than the team to be great, it takes good business management, We are not there yet...

Our D was also awful without Stroud and Peterson, Brady was great, but we did not apply enough pressure ... or hardly any... What a shame. We also let Morony running all over us. Prop to the Pats for committing to stopping Taylor and MJ Drew.
Our team ran out of steam in second half, but coming into your house, I knew it would be tough to hang for long... I just hoped for 60 minutes

Back to the topic... At first, I came to discuss why and what strategy you thought the Patriots could blow us out of the water. But like someone here posted, it's semantics, some may call 11-point win as a blowout, If so, not worth discussion. I still maintain that big blowout (like GB-SEA) happens only when one side is flawless and the other makes many big mistakes. The Pats were flawless, and the Jags made 2 turnovers, each TO can result in 6 to 14 point swing. Had the Pats made one mistake, like fumble or INT, the game could have been closer.
But dont misunderstand. Take nothing away, the Pats were "who I thought they were" :D precisely because they don't make mistakes. There is a reason for 3 SB and may be a 4th. I hope our team too will learn not make mistakes in big games.
Well the better team won and I salute. I think you guys will go all the way, although the Colts will put up a tougher challenge... if they win this game

Go Pats, beat the Colts and Manning... (I still think the Colts will pull out a win over SD).

Now I see your earlier post and where you came from... it may be semantics with "blow out", which may mean winning by 10 to some and 20 to others. Why don't you take 13.5 points? it's a bargain.

You bet I did, but the money win did not take away the disappointment :p . Did you burn a hole in your pocket? Enjoy your 11-point blowout win... It's all semantics ... Actually I saw your other posts answering my question and I noticed you charted a 9 point win for the Pats, if so why did you bet on the Pats with 13.5? isn't that homer?

Nice game Pats. I wish it had turned out differently, but it was to be expected. It has been nice talking to some of you, and good luck the rest of the way.

You bet I did, but the money win did not take away the disappointment :p . Did you burn a hole in your pocket? Enjoy your 11-point blowout win... It's all semantics ... Actually I saw your other posts answering my question and I noticed you charted a 9 point win for the Pats, if so why did you bet on the Pats with 13.5? isn't that homer?

Mark_Brunell, Game over, peace.
I saw your post and thought to drop it dead, but since you jinxed the Colts :) , I'll make a few clarifications:
- I did not predict a blowout against JAX
- There was no sarcasm intended about the semantics of blowout nor did I ever called 11-pt win a blowout. It was a tight game as expected.
- I like JAX and thought they are a very good team, fact, I picked them in the past
- No we didn't lose, 'cause it's a wash (we shopped early and got -11 instead of -11.5). It was a group decision to bet on NE and I was hesitant but went along with others.

Hey, enjoy your earning and let's drop this.:)

Nice game Pats. I wish it had turned out differently, but it was to be expected. It has been nice talking to some of you, and good luck the rest of the way.

Same to you bud. The Jags are a very good team and you should be proud of them.:rocker: They showed class and heart. I'm thinking they just might be my no#2 team. Here's to a great next year for both our teams. Once more thing, most of the Jag fans that came here were pretty kool and respectful and gave some good smack talk and good natured banter :D back and forth. Take care and drop in once in a while.

Thanks for that. Actually, if the Jags had won on sat, I would have rooted for your team the rest of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes