PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blount Rejoins Patriots, With An Eye To the Future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Blount Rejoins Patriots, With An Eye To the Future?

Steve Balestrieri

This move by the Patriots could be seen as a move for the post-season push and a look to the future. By signing Blount the Patriots now have depth at the running back position with Jonas Gray and have two big backs who can carry the ball and get the tough

Continue reading...

I like this move because it improves us for the playoff run this season, giving us two strong runners in Gray & Blount, along with the continued development of James White, and the versatility of Bolden & Vereen. Not to mention that Blount already knows us our system and this tales him off the field should we face Pittsburgh in the playoffs. We all know how dangerous Blount can be in the postseason!

Also, this gives us a known quality back for next season in Blount while they continue to bring Jonas Gray along, who I think is the feature back of the next 5-6 years, at least.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I am thinking may spell the end of Stevan Ridley's days in a Patriots uniform.

Thoughts?

(BTW, I just heard on 98.5 that they cut Casey Walker to make room for Blount, who is wearing #60 in practice today! Funny number for a RB!)

I like this move because it improves us for the playoff run this season, giving us two strong runners in Gray & Blount, along with the continued development of James White, and the versatility of Bolden & Vereen. Not to mention that Blount already knows us our system and this tales him off the field should we face Pittsburgh in the playoffs. We all know how dangerous Blount can be in the postseason!

Also, this gives us a known quality back for next season in Blount while they continue to bring Jonas Gray along, who I think is the feature back of the next 5-6 years, at least.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I am thinking may spell the end of Stevan Ridley's days in a Patriots uniform.

Thoughts?

(BTW, I just heard on 98.5 that they cut Casey Walker to make room for Blount, who is wearing #60 in practice today! Funny number for a RB!)

Gray had a pretty good game vs the Bears and 1 big game vs the Colts ... I think it's too early to say "feature back of the next 5-6 years, at least"

Ridley is proven ... Let's look at gray once we have a bigger sample size

I like the Blount signing, he knows the offense and it'll be nice having him pound the rock in January

Thoughts?

brakes-meme-generator-woah-bro-pump-the-brakes-b8a759.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back