Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bloomberg Leaves GOP

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +408 / 5 / -2

Ross Perot, where are you?

Bloomberg Leaves GOP

Now Independent, Will He Run For President?

Marcia Kramer
    Reporting

(CBS) NEW YORK New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is leaving the Republican party and will remain unaffiliated with any political party, CBS 2 HD learned Tuesday night.

The move will clearly begin advancing rumors that the mayor is gearing towards a presidential run, which he has denied in the past.

In a statement, however, the 65-year-old billionaire mayor indicated this doesn't change his plans for his political future.

"I have filed papers with the New York City Board of Elections to change my status as a voter and register as unaffiliated with any political party. Although my plans for the future haven’t changed, I believe this brings my affiliation into alignment with how I have led and will continue to lead our City."

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_170181024.html
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +400 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

He was barely a Republican before - it'll be interesting if they start doing 3 way Presidential polls.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +408 / 5 / -2

He is sooooo running. I know very little about his politics, except that people on the left like him, and describe him as being liberal sometimes, or like Arnold S. I say that because it's exactly why bopping the party bible is so stupid. No two people are the same, so how could an entire party? Of course most pols have to pick a side, D or R, in order to have a chance politically. I'm curious to see what he does, and what his idea's are. Lord knows we could use more donkey's in this race.