PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bloody Thursday....Not good news...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the goose and the goslings too

Pats726 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2348970
LenP. article is just a warning of what could happen...I think it should be avoided..but once it is gone..the sport may be roasted and gone..very sad...
but when you have both sides bring greedy and playing chicken..a bad moves brings it all down.
IMO this is just a testoterone thing. they are each making so much money 56 vs 60, a large sum of money, is just a number to these owners and in th enfl in general. it's not gonna change the way either body operates.
the nfl meets "face".
i thought tagliabue and upshaw were ***h0le buddies. couldn't the agreee to donate the difference to charities, and eliminate the staring contest.
seems that each was planning to trammell the other all along.

Bloody Thursday is about teams that have already spent the increase to $115M. They deserve what will happen if there is no agreement. Washington is especially vulnerable. Who's surprised?

I have no sense of "gloom and doom". If there is no extension, the patriots will do fine with a $95M cap, Then there will a year of negotiations to try to avoid the uncapped year. But if they don't, there WILL BE NFL football in 2007. 2008 is in jeapardy, but I can live a year without the NFL if it means that the issues get solved for another 6 years. THe NFL can survive strikes. WHat will NOT happen is for the NFL to become like the other leagues. The owners won't let it happen. Skipping another year (is the 3rd?) because of a strike will NOT ruin the game. It may save it, again.

Personally, I think the league would be better off if the weak ownerships were allowed to fail, and be replaced by new owners in the same cities or different cities.

Pats726 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2348970
LenP. article is just a warning of what could happen...I think it should be avoided..but once it is gone..the sport may be roasted and gone..very sad...
but when you have both sides bring greedy and playing chicken..a bad moves brings it all down.

12:01 AM Friday

That is right. Tomorrow will be the cut day as everyone must be in cap compliance by 12:01 AM Friday. Which means, midnight tomorrow. So, tomorrow we will see teams start cutting players.

Here's is a salute from the late Johnny Cash to the Owners and Player Reps that have let this come this far.

cashfinger.jpg

And let me add that if they don't get a deal done, I hope that they all get herpes.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
And let me add that if they don't get a deal done, I hope that they all get herpes.

You mean those those that don't have it already ... ;)

It's not the percentage

I believe the stumbling block is what makes up the percentage. Having read some of the background, it's actually a pretty complex issue . Normally I would expect an 11th hour agreement, this time I just don't know.

Mike the Brit said:
You mean those those that don't have it already ... ;)

And those who do already have it, I wish a double dose. If that is possible, I'm not and expert on that.:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back