Welcome to PatsFans.com

blood libel

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by UofApatsfan, Jan 12, 2011.

1. UofApatsfan

UofApatsfan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Rex Ryan : " did somebody say FEET?"

Her reply proves her lack of compassion and general knowledge. Funny how a lot of her supporters in the media, and on this site are screaming for people to respect the dead and injured. To quit the blame game. But when Palin speaks on the day of the memorial, brushing aside blame, and using terms like blood libel ... They are amazingly silent!

SHOCKER!

Hope all is well at U of A.

3. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +811 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Dumb use of words, but what else is new with Palin?

That said, I do agree with the basic premise, which is that, within hours of the shooting, both Pubs and Dems were trying to gain political leverage from it. That's still disgusting.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

Apparently she retreated and pulled her video, but she is reloading and with the use of her "surveyor's transit" is setting new sights on another target..

Whoever is scripting her, should be fired.. it is even more damning to use this analogy on a jewish woman who is clinging to life..

This whole thing has turned into a "Sarah Palin the victim of main stream media event", instead of a national tragedy.. someone needs to tell her that it is not about her demagogery, but about these people who were shot. Geez she may lose some twitter followers..

Jewish groups respond to Palin’s use of ‘blood libel’ - Yahoo! News

5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +611 / 7 / -7

It's disgusting ignorance. And now I hear for the second time in as many weeks, Ol' Sarah is pulling her facebook silliness after the fact? Whether or not that's true, the use of the term is just the tip of an iceberg that needs to be called what it is.

You guys know nukes can't be recalled like facebook pages, right? What is this goofball doing to her chances of ever advancing beyond "biggest hit count on a facebook page"?

"Blood libel" means something specific to anybody who knows the history of anti-semitism, which evidently does not include Sarah & staff. I don't expect everybody to know that history, just people who are conversant with a wider world. To all here who say "I didn't know that phrase," okay. You're a football fan. A leader in one of the two major parties? That's another story, at least to me.

She likes bombast. She likes playing the victim. She's now compared bad press to numerous centuries of persecution.

Whoops, right?

Nik, disagree with your interpretation of the "politicization" of this event.

You can look around this forum and see how gleefully some trumpet violence as the solution to everything they disagree with. You can see how easily the rank and file embrace hate. You can see, especially just after the election and during the health care debate, how glibly the right threw around noises about "second amendment remedies." How many posters here thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread when teabaggers carried signs reading "We came unarmed - this time"?

The right's been following this splinter crowd down the road toward violence for a long time. THrowing rocks through the windows of legislators they disagreed with (ring a bell, Nik?) Using cross-hairs to represent representatives that have to lose to teabaggers; Recommending that if they lose the elections, they turn to "second amendment remedies."

A "remedy" to losing an election? Really?

Isn't what just happened precisely the playbook as every right populist scripted it for two years? Wasn't Palin one of those at the forefront of these rhetorical flourishes?

And now she's surprised, just like the Operation Rescue types are surprised when they list office and home information for doctors who provide abortions, say they are murderers on a par with Mengele -- and surprise surprise, they get murdered.

There's a pipeline between this rhetoric and the outcomes, my friends. I don't recall Ted Kennedy urging that if Dems lose elections, they should embrace "second amendment remedies." I don't remember Barney Frank saying, as on of our recent teabagger candidates said, that violent revolution is "on the table" if he didn't get his way on financial sector reform.

It doesn't wash to say "oh yeah but there's a moral equivalency between the Dems and Pubbies in every way on every issue."

That's not the way the last two years have been, and that's not just a subjective observation on my part. No Democratic rallies were urged specifically to bring their guns. No free-lance Dem operatives were strolling around with their AR-15s slung over their shoulders.

One "side" advocates gun violence and insinuates that it is a solution to their political grievances. The other "side" does not.

PFnV

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +573 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

I dunno, it's still on her Facebook page - both the written statement and a link to the video.

written remarks:
    America's Enduring Strength | Facebook

video:
    Sarah Palin: "America's Enduring Strength" on Vimeo

And, honestly, why feed the beast, Darryl? There's no evidence that she's planning anything and isn't this the very type of hyped up language that we've been protesting?

Ferget Sarah - you wanna talk about something, talk about Obama's speech last night.

Better yet, do what he asks. Let it go. Start over. Say something our children would be proud of.

Now is a good time to rise above, not sink below.

I give Sarah props for her cunning, slyness, street-smarts, cleverness, if nothing else. By dint of posting her 8 minute response to the tragedy on Facebook she assured herself of countless hours of airtime on all the major news stations while they played and replayed it over and over again, much more time than she ever would have gotten had she been a guest on one station - and all of it without ever having to face a question or frame an answer.

That being said - yawn. Not worth the time or trouble of analyzing. Not unexpected and not impressive.

Certainly nothing that would have inspired the dozens of standing ovations that Obama received last night and certainly not anything that'll change the course of the world or even the discourse.

Eventually people will stop playing her game. She's on the way out, I think. Let her go peacefully and swiftly. To borrow a borrowed paraphrase from Nancy Pelosi's remarks last night - Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.:)

7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Saw on FOXNews this morning an angle on Obama's speech I never considered possible. According to the morning bimbos there, Obama may be helping the defense of the shooter by highlighting the verbal vitriol present in the public discourse and calling for a calming down. Fox spokesmodels were suggesting that the defense might be helped by a presidential recognition of the conditions that may have led to the psychopathic actions taken in Tuscon.

Obama's speech will help the defense. Sweartagawd- I saw it on TV...must be true.

8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +573 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

I'll have to get back to you.

I'm laughing too hard right now.

9. UofApatsfan

UofApatsfan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fox News needs to cut it out with the blood libel :rofl:

10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

+1. The fact that the radical left is once again in quite the tizzy shows she hit the nail on the head once again.

12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,148 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

Still amazing how 2 independent stories become linked because?

What is the reason?

If what she did was so deplorable then where was all the fury about it?

Not that I agree with what she did or said.

Just seems like a huge political vendetta that has gained leverage due to the harm and death of others ... otherwise known as pimping.

If someone does or says something deplorable then it should be so at that point in time.

13. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +245 / 5 / -4

#75 Jersey

She is the gift that keeps on giving (to Democrats). Obama should offer to fund her campaign.

14. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +245 / 5 / -4

#75 Jersey

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

15. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So Palin gets savaged attacked all week, essentially being blamed for the deaths of six people, then presents a well-thought out defense and she's out of bounds?

The left's irrational vitriol knows no bounds...

16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,148 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

She's getting all kinds of death threats ... from those lovable peaceful lefties.

Anyone in this forum speaking out against this ... :nono:

Sarah Palin's Blood Libel Controversial Reference: Death Threats and Has Riled Emotions - ABC News

So who is mad about this?

HD?
    Patters?
    PFnVA?
    Flex?
    Mrs.PF?
    Darryl?
    Chico?

[​IMG]

17. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

No, for the shooter to eligible for killing a Federal Judge, the judge has to be on official business, which is why the authorities went to great lengths to say that the judge stopped by to discuss border control issues with the Congresswoman when he was shot.
    The President said in his speech last night that the judge stopped by "to say hi" which would negate the official part of his trip and remove a required element of the crime which negates the death penalty. What the talking heads meant was that a savvy defense attorney could use it to his advantage.
    Regarding the 'blood libel' comment, if she knew the history and still used it as a reference, it shows a lack of sensitivity. If she ( and whoever proofed her speech) didn't know the history of term, it shows a level of ignorance that you wouldn't expect from someone who has ambitions on the highest office in the land.

18. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The above-named people are awfully quiet when it comes to all the hatred, threats and vitriol levied at Palin. In fact, let's be honest: They are more-than-willing participants in same.

19. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,148 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

some of those people have been writing hateful posts about Palin from almost day 1 ... I mean we can search for that but why bother ... it's common knowledge here. But we can put that aside ... doesn't count cuz she be the enemy.

20. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +275 / 3 / -3

I'm guessing that same kind of thinking doesn't apply to Obama and the radical right ? :)