Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
25 Years Ago: Pepper Johnson | Eleven Warriors
25 Years Ago: Pepper Johnson
By Joe - July 24th, 2009

It is not often that the Buckeyes manage to pull a blue-chip recruit out of the state of Michigan. First of all, that state does not have nearly as many good major college prospects as Ohio, Pennsylvania, or Florida. The great ones that do come out of Michigan are typically snapped up by That School Up North, or else they end up signing with one of those teams that OSU fans love to hate.

-----

It seems obvious now that leadership is one of Johnson’s strengths. He also seems to have excelled at learning the technical aspects of the game. Having served under one of the NFL’s most respected head coaches and most innovative defensive minds, Johnson is clearly on the fast track toward a defensive coordinator position somewhere. After that, a head coaching job is a realistic goal, especially if he continues to have the kind of success he has had as an assistant. It looks like Pepper Johnson will continue to represent Ohio State in the NFL for years to come.

love the sound clips ive seen from pepper...great passion and seemingly excellent teacher

I wouldn't say he's on the fast track. To me Pepper looks like a career assistant (not that there's anything wrong with that). He is never mentioned as a HC prospect and has been passed by a couple of time as the DC. Just compare him to the rise of McDaniel.

No you cant have all cheifs in the tribe, there has to be some indians too, and Pepper looks to be a great "indian".... and that's a good thing for the Pats

Always wondered if he was the heir apparent to Dean Pees.. has he paid enough dues yet???

Great story if he did become the D Coordinator.

I dunno, I think Pepper may be too valuable where he is. If you look at all the young linemen he's helped shape, I think he is exactly where BB needs him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back