Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bloggers Wreck Reuters

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Aug 6, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I can't believe there's no discussion in here about Reuters' faked photograph - am I just missing it or something...? The same guy brought us many of those infamous pictures from Qana.

This guy must love Dan Rather... not only because they both presented complete forgeries to the public as "news" but because, in their supreme arrogance, their forgeries were so bad that any 2 year old could tell they were fake.
  2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ADDENDUM: I just found another thread on this very topic so I am glad to see it is being discussed. I knew there had to be one out there I just didn't see it at first :)
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

If Bill O'Reilly had doctored something up they (Neo Libs) would all be setting themselves on fire, it would be NY Times front page for months.

Imagine all the doctored sh!t we must have had during the big three's heyday CBS-NBC-ABC and we never knew about it.

Dishonest rotten scum bag bastards.

Dan Rather will die a disgraced babbling old man, all because of his hatred and dishonesty trying to force his own political beliefs onto the public.

Liberals will never accept the fact that there are millions who do not agree with them and they will sell their souls to try and destroy all those who "DO NOT" agree with them.
    I'm so glad I'm not a liberal, it must be awful. :rocker: "yup"
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  4. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

War.....Why?:rocker:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qky6sgQUz4w&search=war why can27t%
  5. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Harry, Harry, Harry...just when I think you've hit bottom, you show me a sub-basement

Your quote:
    "Imagine all the doctored sh!t we must have had during the big three's heyday CBS-NBC-ABC and we never knew about it."

I suppose you weren't aware that these people were in deadly competition with each other--still are, actually--and would have rejoiced to find anything fake they could have pinned on each other.

It makes me wonder, Harry--did you grow up on this planet, or is this your first visit?
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

:singing: Can you just picture Brokaw or Jennings calling Dan Rather a "liar" :singing: you don't get out much do you, even when the AWOL thing was proven to be fake Brokaw was defending Rather and spluttering all kinds of excuses for him, the Liberal news media reporters are just like Doctors and Cops, they will very seldom "Rat" on each other, but we don't care now because we have "Bloggers"
  7. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Do you even understand what happened with the Dan Rather piece?
  8. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rocker: harry wants to redo america.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enRBTfk8S8Q&mode=related&search=#
  9. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here's a song that I love, as a liberal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elNvlldJFXk&search=Bruce Springsteen%

Listen to Promised Land.
    harry
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +108 / 7 / -10

JPJ great NEM, if was a forgery but it was true yeah that the ticket what a maroon.

BTW the family of the guy who supposedly authored the document, denied he ever wrote it or thought ill of Bush.

BTW why did the supposed sectary vouch for the forged document. she should have known she didn't have a WP back then. ;)
  11. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Rather And Bush:
    Bush still lives in the White House and rides around on Air Force One.

Rather feeds pigeons every morning in Central Park and talks to himself.

This is Dan Rather > :bricks:

This is George Bush > :D
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2005
  13. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Its funny how it seems now that the fact that there was a fake journalist allowed into the WH Press Corps to provide cover for the criminal workings of its occupants is completely irrelevant to these people.

Remember GOP propagandist Jeff Gannon!

[​IMG]
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

You mean the male prostitute who signed himself in and out of the WH at will, and spent a few nites there.

Amazes me to learn that people are blaming the messenger, the reality that GWB was a fortunate son who successfully was awol when he was supposed to be reporting to drills.
  15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

The photographer deserves to be fired, not suspended, but I still think the lies of the Bush administration to get us into Iraq and the deceit used to violate the will of Congress are far more serious examples of dishonesty than what this photographer did.

The Rather documents were not probably not forgeries, and though Killian's secretary did not recall writing the documents, she did confirm the accuracy of what they said. It has never been proven that the documents were forgeries, but it is well known that most of those who made that claim were right wing activists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killian_documents_authenticity_issues
  16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Come on, Patters... be reasonable... there are miles of difference between somebody using memory to recall a document from 30 years ago versus actually having a physical copy of the document in hand
    Listen... when the very people that gave us the document in the first place admit it was a forgery, that constitutes proof beyond any reasonable doubt.
    http://www.theonion.com/content/node/50902
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  17. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Well, if you don't trust the documents and you don't trust Killian's secretary, then you certainly found a way to believe what you want. Congratulations. (Out of curiosity, do you trust the documents that purport to show that Saddam tried to form relations with Al Qaeda? Some of them are copies, and some could have been altered on the web.) Perhaps documents and witnesses shouldn't be used as evidence ever -- they're just too unreliable :rofl:

You're making things up. :eek: Burkett never called the documents a forgery, and I'm not sure that the key people in CBS did, either. The only thing that they've admitted is that they didn't vet the documents throroughly enough.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  18. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Thank god only FOX has the INTEGRITY to put the truth ahead of making money... wait, I just made that sh!t up.

Seriously, what's the deal with the doctored photo? I haven't been keeping up with the news on account of the weekend.
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +108 / 7 / -10

A 'photo journalist' from Rueters was found (by the Little Green Footballs blog) to be doctoring photos of bombing in Lebanon to make them look worse. This same photog was the guy who took the photos of the Qana bombing. Additionaly some of the 'rescue workers' showed up in the same photog's photos weeks earlier as Hezbollah gunmen. To cap it off someone from Reuters email a death threat to the blogger (using a hotmail account.

There is another thread here with links to the info. Another fraud by the mainstream media.

BTW Reuters has now admitted that a second photo was photochopped.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2005
  20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +108 / 7 / -10

]

The 'documents' were a forgery becuase they were written using Microsoft word. Since MS word didn't exist when the supposed documents were written. They are threrfore forgeries. To maintain anything else is lunacy.