PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: What They're Saying ... In Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for compiling.

I still don't think Seattle is a Super Bowl contender. Hutchinson was a much bigger loss than Branch is a gain.

It definitely makes them stronger and gives them a better shot at winning it all this year.

But I think they blew the best chance they're likely to get in February, and any one of six AFC teams is ahead of them in the race this year.

dryheat44 said:
Thanks for compiling.

I still don't think Seattle is a Super Bowl contender. Hutchinson was a much bigger loss than Branch is a gain.

You are absolutely right, did you see the holes that he and McKinney were opening up last night? Alexander will not be the same without him. Tackles protect your passing game, but guards make your running game.

Minnesota is going to have a good year, they got rid of the fumble machine, they have a good QB who will not lose the game for you, and play in the NFC Norris, so they can count on two wins vs GB and Detriot. I won't be suprised to see them go deep in the NFC playoffs.

FreeTedWilliams said:
You are absolutely right, did you see the holes that he and McKinney were opening up last night? Alexander will not be the same without him. Tackles protect your passing game, but guards make your running game.

I sure did. On that Chester Taylor TD run, Hutch absolutely torpedoes a D-lineman out of the hole one-on-one. Absolutely buried him. I think Kornheiser said something like you couldn't even see him anymore once Hutchinson got on him.

Seattle has spent the entire off season and into week one of the regular season trying to scrape the egg off their faces over letting go of arguably the best Olineman in the league. Branch isn't going to open holes for Alexander or keep Hasselbeck from landing on his ass. They have always needed receivers who can actually catch the ball. Had one cheap last season in Jurevicious and let him walk.

Hasselbeck is a nice QB whose development has been a long term project of his HC. He isn't a guy who will make an average WR look great, rather he is one who needs above average ones to allow him to perform effectively. Been that way since he arrived in Seattle. When they find out in Seattle that they did in fact sign another top 20 guy at best (with Brady) to a top 5 contract (for Hasselbeck) the finger pointing will begin between Holmgren and the GM who took over the FO responsibilities he publicly was stripped of (which he still bristles over) and Deion will just become collateral damage.

Thanks Chris, they're as giddy as we were when Doug Gabriel was acquired. I wonder how Al Davis feels about that fifth rounder after this trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes