PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Wednesday Injury Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oswlek said:
Wasn't Gabriel probable last week? Didn't NE get fined in 2003 for having Seymour be probable all week only to miss the game?

I would have to think that if Gabriel misses this week the league might raise their eyebrows a little. Either that or they only really care about pro bowl type players.

Screw them. The league gave the Seahawks a 2 week roster exemption for Branch. Why didn't the Pats get that with Gabriel, or any other team get it when they trade for new players. That's the first time I've ever heard of a team getting a roster exemption.

Christopher_Price said:
FWIW, both Gabriel and Jackson appeared to be moving through drills at practice today without any trace of a problem.
Mmmmm, I think I love you for posting that, Chris :eek:

With out any of my dumb ass remarks I think we all want to see Chad on the field to get an idea of what we have.

Born_a_Patriot said:
Chad Jackson must be doing his Bethel Johnson interpretation.

Keep it up and he will be doing it in New Orleans.

After minicamp everybody was doing handstands about Jackson. Then he hurts his leg and suddenly he's a worthless bum?

patchick said:
After minicamp everybody was doing handstands about Jackson. Then he hurts his leg and suddenly he's a worthless bum?

It comes with being a fan. 98% of the stuff I say here is only 2% though out.

I think most of us want him to be great.

Christopher_Price said:
Second, the reason that Gabriel missed last week's game wasn't because of his hamstring, but because he wasn't up-to-speed yet on the playbook.
Now that is disappointing!

Born_a_Patriot said:

I think most of us want him to be great.

98% of what I post here only represents 70% of what I feel 80% of the time.

I think.

The only report I've read on Sey is that he wasn't at practice when the media was there(my assumption is, so that he wouldn't have to talk to media).
Did he actually miss practice?

Born_a_Patriot said:

What a softball!!! But I'm trying to resist....really trying....there!... I'll be good!!:D

PatsChick87 said:
What a softball!!! But I'm trying to resist....really trying....there!... I'll be good!!:D
Nah! Just rip him to pieces!

PatsChick87 said:
The only report I've read on Sey is that he wasn't at practice when the media was there(my assumption is, so that he wouldn't have to talk to media).
Did he actually miss practice?

He was not at practice--at least, the portion we were allowed to watch--but not on the injury list. (The injury list specifies players who are on the injury list, but still participate in practice in some form.) That would lead me to believe he was excused from practice for some other reason.

And FWIW, we are not allowed to talk to players at practice. Only beforehand in the locker room.

Last edited:
"I'm back !!!" declares Chad Jackson.......unfortunately he didn't finish the rest of the sentence, "I'm back !!, on the sidelines in street clothes !!!". I really think Chad Jackson is a figment of our imagination, I don't think he will ever play a game in a Pats uni, at least that's how it feels. I actually will be shocked when he does play.

ATippett56 said:
Now that is disappointing!
How so? Our own ex-brainiac needed a two week roster exemption so he could learn the Seattle offense, Gabriel not being up and running in one week hardly seems surprising.

I'd also say the same for Chad Jackson, in his case being a rookie doesn't make it any easier. He reportedly is in his second week of being healthy enough to run routes.

I envision Gabriel good some significant playing time this week, with Jackson seeing some spot action in certain sets. With the goal of Gabriel and Jackson both being on the field for significant action in week 3. Thats my prediction!!!

Box_O_Rocks said:
How so? Our own ex-brainiac needed a two week roster exemption so he could learn the Seattle offense, Gabriel not being up and running in one week hardly seems surprising.

I'd also say the same for Chad Jackson, in his case being a rookie doesn't make it any easier. He reportedly is in his second week of being healthy enough to run routes.

Yeah, I was a little confused at what was so concerning about the issue myself. From all that I have read, NE WRs are expected to make many different sight reads, sometimes on the same play, and then adjust their route accordingly.

Even if that is fairly status quo (although I'm not sure) the redirected routes are likely to be different. It is going to take time.

scott99 said:
"I'm back !!!" declares Chad Jackson.......unfortunately he didn't finish the rest of the sentence, "I'm back !!, on the sidelines in street clothes !!!". I really think Chad Jackson is a figment of our imagination, I don't think he will ever play a game in a Pats uni, at least that's how it feels. I actually will be shocked when he does play.

Stupid post...of course he will play and guys - he will help us all forget Deion Branch a little bit as soon as he gets up to speed.

This guy is tall, fast and quite elusive with great hands and good route running ability.

He is going to be GREAT.

Willie55 said:
The league gave the Seahawks a 2 week roster exemption for Branch. Why didn't the Pats get that with Gabriel, or any other team get it when they trade for new players. That's the first time I've ever heard of a team getting a roster exemption.

That exemption is why i believe that the league leaned on Seattle
to up its offer to a 1st
at least as much
as it may have leaned on New England
to accept "merely" a 1st.

It's their sweetener.

Oswlek said:
Yeah, I was a little confused at what was so concerning about the issue myself. From all that I have read, NE WRs are expected to make many different sight reads, sometimes on the same play, and then adjust their route accordingly.

Even if that is fairly status quo (although I'm not sure) the redirected routes are likely to be different. It is going to take time.

Maybe the coaches should 'NEM down' the offense for the rooks?

Box_O_Rocks said:

Exactly. I'm sure he'll pick it up quickly enough. I'd rather have that than him gimping around out there.

Heck, compared to this report (and the 10 or so IRed players not listed), I'm practically ready to do cartwheels in the street! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes