PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Wednesday Injury Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
No real surprises except Gabriel may be that much closer to playing. No Seymour on the list either even though he missed practice.

Damn, I was hoping that Jackson and Bruschi would be probable.

Chris, Thx for keeping us informed!!!

Jeez, i can't take this Chad Jackson crap anymore! Is this guy ever going to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if Brady will ever get off the injury report. Poor guy. Never knows if he's going to play or not....

Wasn't Gabriel probable last week? Didn't NE get fined in 2003 for having Seymour be probable all week only to miss the game?

I would have to think that if Gabriel misses this week the league might raise their eyebrows a little. Either that or they only really care about pro bowl type players.

at this point i'm asking myself when i will have the pleasure to see Chad Jackson on the field...

dryheat44 said:
I wonder if Brady will ever get off the injury report. Poor guy. Never knows if he's going to play or not....

Yeah, considering he's played (about) 50 games since he started this injury report run and probably means that there is a 25% chance of not playing...

you have to think that he is going to miss 12 games or so any week now. :eek:

Oswlek said:
Didn't NE get fined in 2003 for having Seymour be probable all week only to miss the game?

The league was upset that Seymour didn't travel with the team to Denver yet he was listed as probable. BB explained that Seymour could have played but wouldn't have been effective, thus he technically was probable. The league didn't like logic, and thus created the new injury reporting system.

Good to see that Mills is just sick with the flu and nothing major is going on. I'm sure he's been cut off from the team until he's better so that he doesn't get everybody else sick.

As for Seymour, interesting he's not on the list after missing practice.

And as for the probable and then playing thing, probable means a 25% chance they won't play. Pats only got fined last year when Sey didn't even make the trip with the team (which if he had a 75% chance of playing you'd think he'd make the trip).

Add:

Marquise Hill - Unlikely (performance)

Chad Jackson must be doing his Bethel Johnson interpretation.

Keep it up and he will be doing it in New Orleans.

Born_a_Patriot said:
Chad Jackson must be doing his Bethel Johnson interpretation.

Keep it up and he will be doing it in New Orleans.

Is this a joke?

italianpatthepatriot said:
at this point i'm asking myself when i will have the pleasure to see Chad Jackson on the field...

As we say down south, when the cows come home.

let's be honest...i think then when we drafted Chad Jackson we imagined that he could have done more then what he has done (zero) till now

the problem as far as i know is that he was pratically never on the field so we are also unable to give him any right comment (pratically no tc and no pre-season and now we are allready on the regular season thin at wr as we know)

i really would like to see him playing...

i hope it will happens soon

Isaac said:
The league was upset that Seymour didn't travel with the team to Denver yet he was listed as probable. BB explained that Seymour could have played but wouldn't have been effective, thus he technically was probable. The league didn't like logic, and thus created the new injury reporting system.

Just one more underhanded stab at the Pats from the league that seems to go against us at every turn. We sure better make sure that everybody out in Las Vegas knows who exactly is going to show up on Sunday, or the NFL won't like it.

Oh, of course, the NFL is against all forms of gambling.

Anybody up for fantasy football? Winner gets nothing, of course, or that would be gambling. :cool:

Well, now we know why Mills didn't practice.

Seymour, we haven't the foggiest.

Well at least Jackson is not doubtful. Questionable just means a 50-50 chance of playing.

So by that logic, half of the questionable guys should play.

Tedy and Chad.

While Nick and Garrett (with some Chunky Soup) take a seat.

Oswlek said:
Wasn't Gabriel probable last week? Didn't NE get fined in 2003 for having Seymour be probable all week only to miss the game?

I would have to think that if Gabriel misses this week the league might raise their eyebrows a little. Either that or they only really care about pro bowl type players.

First, thanks to everyone for the kind words. Second, the reason that Gabriel missed last week's game wasn't because of his hamstring, but because he wasn't up-to-speed yet on the playbook. FWIW, both Gabriel and Jackson appeared to be moving through drills at practice today without any trace of a problem.

Brownfan80 said:
probable means a 25% chance they won't play.

It most certainly does not! They changed this a few years ago and few seem to have noticed. Probable now is defined as:

PROBABLE: Virtual certainty that player will be available for normal duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back