PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog Update: Tuesday Injury Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
CheerforTom said:
Cool thing about that, too, is that Wilson's gonna be wearing a thumb cast like the dude on the Jags last week... and if you were paying attention, the same LB tried to wrap up Watson and failed to do so because of the cast, which led to possibly the biggest play of the game.

You know, after seeing that attempted tackle of Watson, I'm not at all convinced that even if he hadn't had a cast on, that he would have made that tackle. Ben was spinning, Peterson didn't get him wrapped, (which he should still have been able to do with his partial cast) and used the guys own momentum to shed him off.

PatsChick87 said:
You know, after seeing that attempted tackle of Watson, I'm not at all convinced that even if he hadn't had a cast on, that he would have made that tackle. Ben was spinning, Peterson didn't get him wrapped, (which he should still have been able to do with his partial cast) and used the guys own momentum to shed him off.

You could be right, but the point is Wilson is going to be limited. That's just an example of how that can affect a player (the cast had SOMETHING to do with the missed tackle, even if it wasn't much). And I don't know if it'll be his whole hand or what, but if it's at least his thumb I think it's irrelevant beyond that point.

PatsChick87 said:

It was an outstanding move by Watson. He used Tom's 'shoulder shimmy' to get out of the wrap (we've seen Tom avoid many a sack that way) and then to keep his balance on the other two attempted tackles... just amazing. Great play by Big Ben.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back