PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog Update: Tuesday Injury Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO ONE QUESTIONABLE. Beautiful.

DefenseRules said:
No Teddy Bruschi. Sweet. :D

I don't buy it!

How can he be out there with a limp this morning and not even be probable?

sarge said:
I don't buy it!

But how do you know the limp was real ?

On the way out to practice, Belichick probably said "hey, Bruschi, don't forget to limp. And make it look real".

:D

Man, I love Belichick. I actually laughed out loud when I saw ALL those names still on the list (as if he's not going to play them), WITHOUT Bruschi. Just awesome.

sarge said:
I don't buy it!

Tedy HAS BE OK TO PLAY, no way BB can get away with not putting him on the injury list during the playoffs, and then somehow not have him playing. The league would go nuts! Should he have been listed as "probable"? probably, but it does mean he is playing.

FreeTedWilliams said:
Tedy HAS BE OK TO PLAY, no way BB can get away with not putting him on the injury list during the playoffs, and then somehow not have him playing. The league would go nuts! Should he have been listed as "probable"? probably, but it does mean he is playing.

He could always downgrade him during the week before the game, no?

It could still happen ;)

The Patriots released their first injury report of the week today, and not a single player was listed as questionable -- including Tedy Bruschi.

The Patriots' linebacker was on the report as questionable last week (calf injury) and didn't play in last Saturday's game against the Jaguars, but isn't even on the injury report this week.

The full report:
Quarterback Tom Brady (right shoulder) -- probable
Linebacker Matt Chatham (knee) -- probable
Running back Corey Dillon (calf) -- probable
Running back Heath Evans (shoulder) -- probable
Tight end Christian Fauria (foot) -- probable
Tight end Daniel Graham (shoulder) -- probable
Defensive end Jarvis Green (shoulder) -- probable
Safety Artrell Hawkins (thigh) -- probable
Center Russ Hochstein (ankle) -- probable
Tackle Nick Kaczur (shoulder) -- probable
Fullback Patrick Pass (hamstring) -- probable
Cornerback Asante Samuel (head) -- probable

The Broncos don't have anyone listed as questionable, either ...

Broncos injury report
Tight end Stephen Alexander (toe) -- probable
Defensive end Courtney Brown (knee/shoulder) -- probable
Linebacker Keith Burns (knee) -- probable
Tight end Jeb Putzier (shoulder) -- probable
Cornerback Darrent Williams (groin) -- probable
Linebacker Al Wilson (thumb) -- probable

BelichickFan said:
But how do you know the limp was real ?

On the way out to practice, Belichick probably said "hey, Bruschi, don't forget to limp. And make it look real".

:D

If he wants to trick the Broncos into thinking he is injured, wouldn't he then also put him on the injury report????

Brownfan80 said:
He could always downgrade him during the week before the game, no?

It could still happen ;)

That is what I believe we will see happen.

Please no one think I want this to happen. I really want to see him out there as much as anyone.

It just doesn't make sense to me. My gut is telling me he is still injured.

I think we will see him added to the injury report as the week goes on.

That has to be a mistake. Remember earlier in the year, they made a similar error on somebody and then revised it? I forget who.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I could have sworn someone said that after the stroke, Bruschi has always walked with a limp.

I know BB loves messing with the injury list, but are you even allowed to not list a guy at all that you know is injured? Or is it just a matter of the NFL not being able to prove anything?

Like this just seems to be across some kind of line if he really is hurt. It's one thing to play around with the probable/questionable/etc., but to not list a guy at all?

I'm not accusing BB of cheating whatsoever, I'm looking for evidence that Bruschi is okay! :D

Last edited:
huskeralk said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I could have sworn someone said that after the stroke, Bruschi has always walked with a limp.
Even before the stroke he had a funny gait to his walk. If you wanted to see a limp in it, you could. That's not to say he wasn't limping today, I'm 3,000 miles away, but a slight limp could be tough to gauge with Bruschi.

CheerforTom said:
I'm looking for evidence that Bruschi is okay! :D
Saturday, 8:10 EST. Tune in, find out :D

SoCal Bong said:
Linebacker Al Wilson (thumb) -- probable

Cool thing about that, too, is that Wilson's gonna be wearing a thumb cast like the dude on the Jags last week... and if you were paying attention, the same LB tried to wrap up Watson and failed to do so because of the cast, which led to possibly the biggest play of the game.

CheerforTom said:
Cool thing about that, too, is that Wilson's gonna be wearing a thumb cast like the dude on the Jags last week... and if you were paying attention, the same LB tried to wrap up Watson and failed to do so because of the cast, which led to possibly the biggest play of the game.
That was his whole hand, will Wilson have a monster thing like that ?

sarge said:
If he wants to trick the Broncos into thinking he is injured, wouldn't he then also put him on the injury report????
Who knows. I'm just being stupid, none of us will have any idea until gametime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes