PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog Update: McDaniels Promoted

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsRI said:
Did I hear a scream from Arizona? Sounded like NEM.

I predicted pigs would fly in Foxboro before Martz was hired as OC. The only downside to the McDaniels promotion is there may be lots of critters and possibly inanimate objects flying in Arizona once NEM awakens. :eek:

Hopefully Mrs. NEM is extremely adept at ducking and keeps one of those incredible noise blocking BOSE headsets within reach at all times..... ;)

BradyisGod said:
You people have a serious inferiority complex about this. No one in the thread brought up the Red Sox.
Inferiority complex aobut the Red Sox? Are you nuts? He was making fun of their management because THEY are the inferior ones.

The red Sox have had all the breaks and have run themselves like Peyton runs an important football game.

Lack of "stud" o-linemen???

AndyJohnson said:
I would like to see us go outside the organization and hire a running game expert as an assistant. Make him RB coach, or OL coach (Dante is technically Asst HC) and implement better running schemes.

Its easy to look at offenses that are dynamic in the passing game and see their schemes and preferences. Its easy to look at routes, strategy, philosophy on throwing short or deep and see major differences in passing games.
I think that the same exist in the running game, and if there is one knock on our coaching staff, to me its that we dont have the best schemes in the running game.
I've heard conversations about this, Ive heard BB spent time one off-season studying the run packages of someone, I think it was the Naval academy.
I'd like to see us bring in someone who has experience with some of the traditionally top run offenses, like Denver, Pittsburgh, KC, a Gibbs guy, etc.

I've struggled forever understanding why with the exception of the 2nd half of 01 and the 04 season, we havent run effectively.
Prior to 04 I felt strongly it was the tortoise-like speed of Antowain Smith. Im beginning to think Dillon outperfermed the blocking in 04, and didnt in underperform it in 05.

We have basically, including due to injury, changed every player on the OL over that time.

I think its time to start looking at the schemes. Maybe its not the answer, but it seems possible. Weis was more 'interested' in the passing game, and it seems his creativity was focussed on that.

I want to see us become a team that can jam the run down anyones throat.

Some of the problem might be the schemes but a bigger issue probably is the "overachieving†O-line. Seriously, name one dominate o-line on the Pats over the last several years. Light? Nope. He is OK buy he is not elite. Mankins, Kazur, Koppen, Neal, Ashworth, Gorin, Andruzzi, Woody etc. Some of those guys are good to very good players but none of them is the guy you unquestionably run behind in a key 3rd and 1 play.

Also, I think the Pats need to get a FB that can actually block. I have no issue with the fact that BB would rather keep the roster space open for an extra D-lineman but if that is the case they need to get a better on than Klecko. I love everything Klecko represent but he is basically a waste of a roster space. He can’t block and he is too small to play any significant time on the d line.

Just my 2 cents.

NEM said:
I am already recruiting my assistants for the all out attack. :D Shock & Awe, Shock & Awe. :D
I thought Charlie cut the Red phone line to you last year! :D

I don't like this at all.

They needed someone who could come up with great game plans, really nothing has changed since this past season as it was obvious he was acting OC.

The Pats needed someone who could come up with a game plan, different from each week to exploit the defenses weakneses, not someone who in the end BB is still going to be the one approving all the calls.

Brady had a great year this year, because Brady is great. Not because he coached Brady to a good season, the run this year was non existent more so then no holes be open then any other facotor.

If we can't trust him to use the screen, and fake screen (which is what they should of done last week) when there is no running availible how can we trust him to come up with plans week to week?

festy1986 said:
The Pats needed someone who could come up with a game plan, different from each week to exploit the defenses weakneses, not someone who in the end BB is still going to be the one approving all the calls.

I don't think so.

I think, first of all, we need Bill Belichick.

After that, we need the people he has trained ... and trusts! ... to carry out Bill Belichick's game plans, on both sides of the ball.
Whomever they may be.

I use to believe that...

But I wasn't impressed with Mangini at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes