PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog Update: McDaniels Promoted

Status
Not open for further replies.
well

Tunescribe said:
That does away with the Mike Martz speculation. Continuity is a good thing.

Praise the Lord, no Mike Martz. Sorry NEM! Looks like BB pulled a Tuna!

What no parade? No balloons? No marching bands?

Oh wait, that's right, it was the Patriots who made the promotion not the Red Sox.

Willie55 said:

Oh wait, that's right, it was the Patriots who made the promotion not the Red Sox.

No kidding. If the Pats were run like the Sox McDaniels and Mangurian would be co-OCs. And there would be constant rumors that Charlie Weis was actually calling plays remotely from South Bend.

Wow, this is a surprise :D

Hope his play calling improves. Sorry to beat the NEM-drum, but I agree with him to a certain extent.

I wanted to beat NEM to the punch - This team needs more no huddle and to run more slants. And don't run the ball all the time on first down.

Willie55 said:
I wanted to beat NEM to the punch - This team needs
more no huddle and to run
more slants. And
don't run the ball all the time on first down.

I am VERY reticent and reserved about game tactics.

But these three are definitely changes i have long wanted to see.

A fourth is ... crossing patterns.

I would like to see us go outside the organization and hire a running game expert as an assistant. Make him RB coach, or OL coach (Dante is technically Asst HC) and implement better running schemes.

Its easy to look at offenses that are dynamic in the passing game and see their schemes and preferences. Its easy to look at routes, strategy, philosophy on throwing short or deep and see major differences in passing games.
I think that the same exist in the running game, and if there is one knock on our coaching staff, to me its that we dont have the best schemes in the running game.
I've heard conversations about this, Ive heard BB spent time one off-season studying the run packages of someone, I think it was the Naval academy.
I'd like to see us bring in someone who has experience with some of the traditionally top run offenses, like Denver, Pittsburgh, KC, a Gibbs guy, etc.

I've struggled forever understanding why with the exception of the 2nd half of 01 and the 04 season, we havent run effectively.
Prior to 04 I felt strongly it was the tortoise-like speed of Antowain Smith. Im beginning to think Dillon outperfermed the blocking in 04, and didnt in underperform it in 05.

We have basically, including due to injury, changed every player on the OL over that time.

I think its time to start looking at the schemes. Maybe its not the answer, but it seems possible. Weis was more 'interested' in the passing game, and it seems his creativity was focussed on that.

I want to see us become a team that can jam the run down anyones throat.

The Buffalo Bills will have their Head Coach contract offer to McDaniels by this evening.

Did I hear a scream from Arizona? Sounded like NEM.

Willie55 said:

You people have a serious inferiority complex about this. No one in the thread brought up the Red Sox. You did this time.

As for the promotion, good job Josh. I'm glad to see it wasn't Martz. That guy would have been a nightmare.

BradyisGod said:
You people have a serious inferiority complex about this. No one in the thread brought up the Red Sox. You did this time.

As for the promotion, good job Josh. I'm glad to see it wasn't Martz. That guy would have been a nightmare.

It's not an inferiorty complex at all. It's just what a joke of an organization the Red Sox are and how the Patriots handle things completely different.

PatsRI said:
Did I hear a scream from Arizona? Sounded like NEM.
No, that was NEM's better half! :D

shmessy said:
The Buffalo Bills will have their Head Coach contract offer to McDaniels by this evening.

LOL Not if they are reading the NY papers today and following the clusterf*** unfolding down in the Meadowlands today. Ditto if Josh is following that medodrama. The Bills aren't looking to get younger, they're determined to assemble an all AARP management and no underage whipper-snapper coach is going to have any influence or authority under Levy's watch.

Sherman and Bates would now represent a coup for these guys as they could come in as a package, and they desperately need sometihng coup-ish to calm down the natives inside and outside of Ralph's stadium in the wake of Wilson's bizarre behavior to date.

BradyisGod said:

There is talk about Martz going to the Raiders. There is also talk about Davis beng worried about Martz' health. How would you like to be a Raider fan? :scared:

It's good that the Pats are wasting no time getting these positions filled. Time to plan for the '06 season and all of the coaching pieces are in place. Now they can move onto the players.

Unbelievable!!!

When Weis was coordinator everybody (led by NEM) knew how to call the game better. If I remember correctly, the other team is playing defense when we are running the offense and sometimes (what a shock) that can have an impact on the effectiveness or lack of it.

After Weis left NE he has been receiving accolades as one of the best play callers and best offensive tacticians.

The offense ran very well this year considering injuries and inexperience, play calling didn't seem that much different with Charlie having been a little bit more unpredictable.

Let's look for improved run blocking and improved running and Tom (not complaining here) thowing less interceptions and the PATS will make the next run at the 72 dolphins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back