PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog Update: Mangini Press Conference Transcript

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christopher_Price said:
Hey everyone ... thanks to the fine folks in the Jets' PR office, here's the complete transcript of Mangini's press conference this afternoon. It's pretty lengthy, but a good read nonetheless:

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/228

Thanks,
Chris

DOH!!! I just got through listening to that whole painful thing and NOW you post the transcript. Sheesh.

;)

New York Jets Chairman and CEO Woody Johnson:
"Welcome, and thanks for coming out today. I'd like to especially welcome the Mangini family for being here today, his wife. Is Jake here? I met Jake, Jake is a 22 month boy. Jake is a good name for him. And his mother Nancy. I want to thank Terry, Mike and Jay for the work they did. But I particularly want to thank all the coaches, all the people who spent days, long hours, interviewing and sharing their thoughts during this long process and very thorough process. It was late Monday afternoon when we had a chance to go through all this information and we came up with the candidate that would lead the New York Jets. Eric brings with him great credentials that you have all written about and know. He has a strong pedigree. He's been a major contributor to a very successful organization, as Terry mentioned. He's won 68 games in the last five years, three Super Bowls, I think that's we will documented. But the most important thing is he demonstrated to us a passion for football, passion for teaching, and I think he knows something about the culture of football that appeals to us in this building. So with that, it's my pleasure and honor to introduce the next head coach of the New York Jets, Eric Mangini."

What the hell is he talking about here? Does Mangini have a son named Jake? Was Johnson drunk?

Willie55 said:
What the hell is he talking about here? Does Mangini have a son named Jake? Was Johnson drunk?

No ... sorry about that. I should have provided some context. Jake is the Mangini's young son. Although I'm not sure why he felt "Jake" was a good name for him ... and it's not like he was in the room at the time or anything. An odd moment, indeed.

Last edited:
well

the whole PC was a little "unique" to say the least!

mtbykr said:
the whole PC was a little "unique" to say the least!

Yea, uncomfortable is my tag for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey