PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Troy Brown Tells West Va. TV Station He's Pondering Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Troy ends his days as a Patriot whether it be this year or for one more. Right now he'd be in line for #2:) . He'll probably wait to see what the Pats do in regards to receivers.

Troy has lost a 1/2 step...not a full step in my opinion. But lets face it, his forte was going over the middle and short yardage which is now Branch's forte.

Troy didn't get his number called very much last year. But if Belichick goes with draftees then that would change for at least this year while they get stronger and learn the ropes...I hope he returns.

i find it interesting that there is virtually no mention at all of Troy around here. Have we all just accepted that he will retire? I hope he does'nt.
I don't know how much he has left, they did'nt seem to use him a lot last year.

I think Troy is so reliable that you'll only notice him when he's gone. I really want him to come back because he shouldn't go out on such a low note. He deserves so much more than that. Plus he can still totally play. Great short yardage receiver.

I think that we have accepted that Troy will probably be back. But, he won't decide until near the opening of training camp. He might not be what he use to be but he can be a #4 on this team- no problem.

PATSNUTme said:
I think that we have accepted that Troy will probably be back. But, he won't decide until near the opening of training camp. He might not be what he use to be but he can be a #4 on this team- no problem.

Absolutely. If Keyshawn comes here for instance, he would be #2. Brown at #3, Childress or whoever at 4 or 5, and pick up a speed burner for the other 4/5 guy. See that? I solved the whole puzzle just like that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back