PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Today's Q+A with Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I note that Tommy is already expecting others to fill Willie's enforcer role. As much as I wanted to see him retire a Patriot, I can't begrudge him the big money and look forward to Cleveland being a major hurdle for the other clubs in the AFCN.

I liked how Tommy talked about his own errors and included Ashworth and Chatham when he talked about the loss of key players. I'm glad he gets along with Peyton, but it is nice to see the difference in styles when it comes to representing your 'entire' team.

Thanks Chris - any talk around Gillette about the NFL Europe players?

Wow, Tom has really really matured and become a fantastic leader. That was one of the more insightful interviews I've read, not just from Tom but from any football player/coach/owner in a very long time. thanks, I enjoyed that.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Thanks Chris - any talk around Gillette about the NFL Europe players?

Box -- no talk thus far, other than the occasional updates from Ray Ventrone over on patriots.com. However, I did dig up a piece on QB Todd Mortensen, who has had a pretty impressive spring for Hamburg. (He's their backup QB, sitting behind Brock Berlin...) Jack Bicknell calls him "'by far one of the hardest working players that I have ever coached." He's scheduled to make his first start this weekend when Hamburg plays Berlin -- and it'll be on the NFL Network at 3 p.m--make a note of it.

Mortensen's high Wonderlic numbers (32) and his time in the film room could be one of the reasons they didn't draft a QB this past weekend, even with Flutie's uncertain future. By the sound of things, he certainly sounds like a Belichick type of QB.

BTW, we've also got a link to a story about the growing relationship between Urban Meyer and Belichick. It's all at the blog...

patsfans.com/price/blog/

Thanks,
Chris

Christopher_Price said:
Box -- no talk thus far, other than the occasional updates from Ray Ventrone over on patriots.com. However, I did dig up a piece on QB Todd Mortensen, who has had a pretty impressive spring for Hamburg. (He's their backup QB, sitting behind Brock Berlin...) Jack Bicknell calls him "'by far one of the hardest working players that I have ever coached." He's scheduled to make his first start this weekend when Hamburg plays Berlin -- and it'll be on the NFL Network at 3 p.m--make a note of it.

Mortensen's high Wonderlic numbers (32) and his time in the film room could be one of the reasons they didn't draft a QB this past weekend, even with Flutie's uncertain future. By the sound of things, he certainly sounds like a Belichick type of QB.

BTW, we've also got a link to a story about the growing relationship between Urban Meyer and Belichick. It's all at the blog...

patsfans.com/price/blog/

Thanks,
Chris
Good stuff Chris, I'll be tuned in Sunday with Tivo, Thanks for digging this up! :rocker:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Good stuff Chris, I'll be tuned in Sunday with Tivo, Thanks for digging this up! :rocker:

That's Sunday at 3--sorry I didn't specify the day.

Just wanted to add my thanks for posting full transcripts. This was a rare bird -- a genuinely interesting press conference! I really appreciated being able to read it straight.

No problem. Just a reminder--we'll always have all the transcripts (both official press conferences, as well as the occasional unofficial radio or TV interview) for you guys at the blog. And once the training camps gets started, we'll be working overtime again to bring you the best stuff out of Gillette.

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/

Thanks,
Chris

Marvelous interview, Christopher!
Not just Tom's replies ... but a line of questions much like we fans would want to pose him.

I know Josh McDaniels’ brother coached [Maroney] at Minnesota and really loved him. ....

How is Matt Cassel coming along? Is he ready to be an NFL backup?

Matt is great. He’s great. He’s a great person. He's a lot of fun. We workout everyday together. I kind of love to be there with him. He really pushes me. He's a very good athlete who is strong. He’s fast and he likes to work hard. I think he has some great traits. He's going to be a great quarterback. He already is. He’s a very, very good player now and I'm excited to see his growth and I'm sure that he's going to be called on at some point and I hope he's ready. I'm sure he will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back