PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Thursday Practice Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box_O_Rocks said:
I am chastised. May I ask, is it possible for one reporter to observe something that another did not see? If we are going to make a big deal about reporter accuracy, surely that is a consideration.

Out of idol curiousity, why do you read Reiss? Myself, I have stopped reading Borges and Longo, and may not be reading Felger for very much longer if he continues his crisis manufacturing ways. I forgive Parente's football errors since he seems to be trying to report and not editorialize. That you question the integrity of Reiss' reporting and still read him is puzzling.

I suppose it's possible -- but two out of three blogs by reporters who were present at the practice noticed, so if he's not a shil, as per my theory, he might want to be a little more vigilant out there.

As for why I read Reiss... well, I'm an obsessive fan, and he reports on the Pats w/ greater detail than just about anyone else. He's not an agenda-ridden hack like Borges, a drama queen like Felger's been of late, and he's got a good football mind and a pleasant, unobtrusive writing style. What's more, the fact that he's the Patriot FO's pet reporter means he gets fed a lot of information early, so for the franchise-approved info, he's usually out in front.

Finally -- can you name any sportswriter you can read without having to apply some sort of critical filter based on your knowledge of their predilections? You've got to treat them like a "primary source" in history -- there's a great deal you can learn, provided you always remember who's writing it, and why.

Pat_Nasty said:
I suppose it's possible -- but two out of three blogs by reporters who were present at the practice noticed, so if he's not a shil, as per my theory, he might want to be a little more vigilant out there.

As for why I read Reiss... well, I'm an obsessive fan, and he reports on the Pats w/ greater detail than just about anyone else. He's not an agenda-ridden hack like Borges, a drama queen like Felger's been of late, and he's got a good football mind and a pleasant, unobtrusive writing style. What's more, the fact that he's the Patriot FO's pet reporter means he gets fed a lot of information early, so for the franchise-approved info, he's usually out in front.

Finally -- can you name any sportswriter you can read without having to apply some sort of critical filter based on your knowledge of their predilections? You've got to treat them like a "primary source" in history -- there's a great deal you can learn, provided you always remember who's writing it, and why.
Well said, excepting our differing views on Mike's "shil" status. Having the Herald and Projo blogs start showing some life recently does help the cross examination of their observations. It is also nice to have a dialogue with Chris about his efforts.

Box_O_Rocks said:
I
Out of idol curiousity, why do you read Reiss?

Good one!
('Specially in a spat about reading/writing skills.)

You mean, as in
groupies ... voyeurs ... paparazzi ...and fan messageboards, right?

flutie2phelan said:
Good one!
('Specially in a spat about reading/writing skills.)

You mean, as in
groupies ... voyeurs ... paparazzi ...and fan messageboards, right?
Sadly, not in this case...DOH!

Stealing computer time from the daughter!!! My new mother board is on order, so this drought should be over soon!!! (btw, hey rocks, love the command of the english language here)

We seem to have drifted from the point of the thread again (wow, now THAT'S something new!) Seems to me that we may see Jackson sit another week, and if he is healthy enough, I think its a mistake. He would at least serve as a good decoy if he can get down the field fast enough. Possibly catch a ball or two as well. I think Gabriel will play and possibly Tedy too (again, a mistake). Rodney will play if they have to wheel him onto the field. Flu? no way he sits. I look for Brady to come out smoking this week after he admitted that the Branch thing weighed on him. I think he will put this behind him now the same way he put the
Milloy thing behind him before.

GTG, will try to check back later. Having major withdrawls without access here.

Box_O_Rocks said:
is it possible for one reporter to observe something that another did not see?
No, it has to mean something. It has to show as a minimum a conspiracy to hoodwink the fans. And you know that no one wants their hood to be winked.

PatsChick87 said:
On an earlier thread it became clear that Sey was out due to a family illness, he was even spotted at a hospital yesterday. So crashes the thought that he was out due to Branch sympathy.

Maybe he was at the hospital getting the "I <heart> Deion-Patriots Forever!"
tattoo lasered off his ass?

brady2brown said:
No, it has to mean something. It has to show as a minimum a conspiracy to hoodwink the fans. And you know that no one wants their hood to be winked.
Cobra One to Cobra Leader, we've been made!

Chris, a small bit of constructive criticism. When you wrote: "leading some to believe he has suffered some sort of injury setback", you didn't mean "believe", it would be be foolish for someone to actually believe this based on the circumstances. Better to use a term such as "speculate".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back