PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Thursday Practice Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Seymour's "in support of Branch" holdout ended early. :blahblah: :bricks:

Hopefully it isn't anything serious with Harrison and they are just giving him some rest.

ughhhh, rodney and gabriel better be okay

even though its the jets, i think we need both of them this week

without rodney pennington could look good

Oswlek said:
I guess Seymour's "in support of Branch" holdout ended early. :blahblah: :bricks:

Hopefully it isn't anything serious with Harrison and they are just giving him some rest.
I'm glad that wasn't the case with Seymour, it definately had me worried with the way all of the players were talking yesterday. I never saw Harrison get hurt in the game last week so my guess is that knee is probably a little stiff and they're just giving him a day off.

Christopher_Price said:
Hey everyone ... here are some quick notes from the first 20 minutes of practice today. There was no Rodney Harrison--we hope to find out why when they release the injury report in a few hours:

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/451

Thanks,
Chris

You just didn't see Rodney, right? But he was around somewhere, right?

It's jumping to conclusions that he had a set back, right?

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
You just didn't see Rodney, right? But he was around somewhere, right?

It's jumping to conclusions that he had a set back, right?

The last time anyone in the media saw Rodney was yesterday. No one saw him during media availability today, and he wasn't on the field during practice. And it's definitely jumping to conclusions. However, if you put 2+2 together ... I think lots will be revealed when the injury report is released in a couple of hours.

Alk said:
I'm glad that wasn't the case with Seymour, it definately had me worried with the way all of the players were talking yesterday. I never saw Harrison get hurt in the game last week so my guess is that knee is probably a little stiff and they're just giving him a day off.

On an earlier thread it became clear that Sey was out due to a family illness, he was even spotted at a hospital yesterday. So crashes the thought that he was out due to Branch sympathy.

PatsChick87 said:
On an earlier thread it became clear that Sey was out due to a family illness, he was even spotted at a hospital yesterday. So crashes the thought that he was out due to Branch sympathy.
Huh, I managed to miss that thread I guess.

Rodney did participate in a scheduled autograph signing at the Warwick Mall on Monday so my guess would be if he was injured it would have been at practice.

PatsRI said:
Rodney did participate in a scheduled autograph signing at the Warwick Mall on Monday so my guess would be if he was injured it would have been at practice.
Unless he was signing autographs with his left leg, nobody cares. :D

Alk said:
Unless he was signing autographs with his left leg, nobody cares. :D
The Pats usually get different guys to do these sessions if a player is injured. The point was that if hurt it was probably a practice thing not a Sunday thing.

Wasn't Chad Jackson PROBABLE last week???? If so, there must've been a setback. No? Someone jog my memory.

patsox23 said:
Wasn't Chad Jackson PROBABLE last week???? If so, there must've been a setback. No? Someone jog my memory.

No. Gabriel was probable, Jackson was questionable.

Oswlek said:
No. Gabriel was probable, Jackson was questionable.

Okay, thanks.

Christopher_Price said:
The last time anyone in the media saw Rodney was yesterday. No one saw him during media availability today, and he wasn't on the field during practice. And it's definitely jumping to conclusions. However, if you put 2+2 together ... I think lots will be revealed when the injury report is released in a couple of hours.

When Rodney puts 2+2 together usually one or both of the 2's don't get up.

He's not going to be happy about the jumping to conclusions thing. He's very sensitive about respect.

Last edited:
One thing I'd like to point out about the note re: Doug Gabriel leaving practice with one of the coaches after the media portion was over...

Mike Reiss' practice blog made no mention of this.

I've been *****ed at a couple of times for criticizing Reiss for being an unofficial "party organ" and trading in independence in his reporting for being priveledged w/ greater access than his competitors. This is another example of that.

Both Prices' and the Herald's blogs mention it, and leave conclusions about it up to the reader -- Reiss doesn't give you that opportunity, because he tends to only report things that are cleared or directly given to him by the Pats' media reps.

Pat_Nasty said:
One thing I'd like to point out about the note re: Doug Gabriel leaving practice with one of the coaches after the media portion was over...

Mike Reiss' practice blog made no mention of this.

I've been *****ed at a couple of times for criticizing Reiss for being an unofficial "party organ" and trading in independence in his reporting for being priveledged w/ greater access than his competitors. This is another example of that.

Both Prices' and the Herald's blogs mention it, and leave conclusions about it up to the reader -- Reiss doesn't give you that opportunity, because he tends to only report things that are cleared or directly given to him by the Pats' media reps.
You of course are full of Pat_Nasty and other forms of nasty regarding Reiss, but I grant you the right to have your own favorites (generous of me I know:)) - it also might make a little sense if you reread Chris's earlier note about Gabriel "leaving practice," just so you can practice your English (American or British) language comprehension skills - Gabriel left 'the practice bubble' with a member of the support staff headed for the practice fields - I translate that as an individual workout outside to see how the hamstring is responding on grass in the cold...

Tomase is reporting in the Herald that Gabriel presumably left practice to do some individual work with a coach. Take it for what it's worth.

Box_O_Rocks said:
You of course are full of Pat_Nasty and other forms of nasty regarding Reiss, but I grant you the right to have your own favorites (generous of me I know:)) - it also might make a little sense if you reread Chris's earlier note about Gabriel "leaving practice," just so you can practice your English (American or British) language comprehension skills - Gabriel left 'the practice bubble' with a member of the support staff headed for the practice fields - I translate that as an individual workout outside to see how the hamstring is responding on grass in the cold...

Uh, ok then.

Yes, I was pretty casual w/ my wording when making reference to Gabriel's leaving the practice bubble. I was refering to information from Chris' blog item that I assumed everyone reading the thread would already have read, and therefore did not feel the need to repeat verbatim... especially because the details of the report were entirely incidental to my point that Reiss omitted mention of it altogether.

In fact, speaking of language comprehension skills, you might want to work on yours -- you seem to be contradicting a position drawn from my post that clearly isn't there. I never made any attempt to infer and in turn imply anything about Gabriel's leaving the facility after the portion of practice open to the media.

Pat_Nasty said:
Uh, ok then.

Yes, I was pretty casual w/ my wording when making reference to Gabriel's leaving the practice bubble. I was refering to information from Chris' blog item that I assumed everyone reading the thread would already have read, and therefore did not feel the need to repeat verbatim... especially because the details of the report were entirely incidental to my point that Reiss omitted mention of it altogether.

In fact, speaking of language comprehension skills, you might want to work on yours -- you seem to be contradicting a position drawn from my post that clearly isn't there. I never made any attempt to infer and in turn imply anything about Gabriel's leaving the facility after the portion of practice open to the media.
I am chastised. May I ask, is it possible for one reporter to observe something that another did not see? If we are going to make a big deal about reporter accuracy, surely that is a consideration.

Out of idol curiousity, why do you read Reiss? Myself, I have stopped reading Borges and Longo, and may not be reading Felger for very much longer if he continues his crisis manufacturing ways. I forgive Parente's football errors since he seems to be trying to report and not editorialize. That you question the integrity of Reiss' reporting and still read him is puzzling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back