PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Thursday Injury Report (merged: Rodney Flu)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Blog: Thursday Injury Report

PromisedLand said:
How come Mills is questionable but Rodney is probable? They both have the flu. (And don't give me any smart alec answers about how Rodney is tougher than Garrett.) :)

It's not that Rodney's tougher, it's that his immune system is much more powerful.

Normally, the immune system destroys viruses by cutting them up into relatively small and useless pieces.

Rodney's immune system, though, when it latches onto a virus, goes further: it breaks the virus down into individual molecules, which it then uses to build new cells to destroy other virus particles.

So, in Rodney's body, once the flu particles see what's happening to their brethren, they break themselves down so as to avoid the wrath of Rodney's immune system.

Seriously. :)

Last edited:
Re: Hope It Doesn't Sweep Thru the Team!

ilduce06410 said:
that's the point, tunescribe.
i wonder how teams don't have this contagious stuff riip around locker rooms. talk about close quarters, common showers, etc.
if rodney's got it, hope he keeps it.
The guys are mildly fit, they eat fairly well, they are seen all day by people who have the power to send to the trainers/team doctor for the slightest sniffle, and they are paid very, very well to take care of themselves and make sure that any hint of illness is quickly addressed - who wants to pay a fine for allowing his cold to linger? (And don't say that couldn't happen in BB's world.)

ctpatsfan77 said:
It's not that Rodney's tougher, it's that his immune system is much more powerful.

Normally, the immune system destroys viruses by cutting them up into relatively small and useless pieces.

Rodney's immune system, though, when it latches onto a virus, goes further: it breaks the virus down into individual molecules, which it then uses to build new cells to destroy other virus particles.

So, in Rodney's body, once the flu particles see what's happening to their brethren, they break themselves down so as to avoid the wrath of Rodney's immune system.

Seriously. :)

That's nothing compared to what Tedy Bruschi's immune system does. When a flu virus comes anywhere near Bruschi, his killer cells alert him to switch on his microscopic vision so he can see it advancing. Once he spots the virus, he yells, "HEY! I'M TEDY BRUSCHI!" and it dies on the spot without entering his body.

Rodney is getting no respect from this flu virus.

I think BB is using the injury report to report the probability that someone will play, whether or not due to injury. Thus Gabriel is probable this week because he knows the offense better than he did last week!

PATSNUTme said:
So, Rodney isn't injured he's just sick. That flu bug is going to regret messing with Rodney.:mad:

lol. I can just imagin Rodney saying to that flu "I get no respect from you. You don't think I can beat you."

I <3 Rodney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back