PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Release on Jones and Gramatica

Status
Not open for further replies.
re

Now THIS is interesting:
When the Patriots traded Jones to the Saints on April 15, 2003, they received three draft choices from New Orleans. The first two picks netted linebacker Tully Banta-Cain (seventh round, 239th overall in the 2003 draft) and safety Dexter Reid (fourth round, 113th overall in the 2004 draft). The third pick (third round, 78th overall in the 2003 draft) was traded to Miami on April 25, 2003 in exchange for a second round pick in the 2004 draft. That pick (second round, 56th overall in the 2004 draft) was traded to Cincinnati in exchange for running back Corey Dillon on April 19, 2004.

We have Corey Dillon because of Tebucky Jones!

maverick4 said:
Now THIS is interesting:
When the Patriots traded Jones to the Saints on April 15, 2003, they received three draft choices from New Orleans. The first two picks netted linebacker Tully Banta-Cain (seventh round, 239th overall in the 2003 draft) and safety Dexter Reid (fourth round, 113th overall in the 2004 draft). The third pick (third round, 78th overall in the 2003 draft) was traded to Miami on April 25, 2003 in exchange for a second round pick in the 2004 draft. That pick (second round, 56th overall in the 2004 draft) was traded to Cincinnati in exchange for running back Corey Dillon on April 19, 2004.

Interesting the things you find when you dig.

And it goes to show how valuable those draft picks really are.

Yeah, I always though that we got Samuel with the 4th round pick but I looked it up earlier and it wasn't, he was picked a year before.

I am interested in knowing whether or not Jones has put his ego away an agreed to be a special teamer.

DaBruinz said:
I am interested in knowing whether or not Jones has put his ego away an agreed to be a special teamer.

Gonna have to if he wants to play for us! :rocker:

maverick4 said:
Now THIS is interesting:

THAT is a helluva catch, Maverick4. Nice eye.

DaBruinz said:

I would imagine the fact that we brought him back means the answer to your question is a resounding yes.

maverick4 said:
Now THIS is interesting:

Interesting find. I guess we can file that one under 1 out of 3 ain't bad. We got at least one superb year out of Dillon and an SB. Even if Reid and Banta Cain have been JAGs.

Last edited:
wow

maverick4 said:
Now THIS is interesting:

Wow, when i was reading that i thought i was listening to one of those "6 degrees to kevin bacon" things! Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back