PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Postgame Quotes from BB, Brady and the locker room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the links! :)

I love reading Brady and the quotes from the other guys, good stuff.

Thanks Chris!

NEM said:
Brady, once again, hit on something I hit on last week...the Red Zone.

And, I agree with him. I was incensed, again, at the play calling on the first drive in the red zone. Inside the ten yard line they went with two conservative running plays on 1st and 2nd downs and then ended up with that 3rd down desperation play and it was, no good, as usual....and they settled for three points instead of seven.

Yes, its pre season, and those four points didnt mean anything tonight, but in the regular season, you cant keep giving away four points over and over again because eventually it will bite you in the ass.

This team can be an unbelievably high scoring machine, but we need more 1st and 2nd down play action in close, in the red zone.

We have the weapons, use them all. Dont give away points.

This is not a complaint, this is not sour grapes, because the performance, overall tonight, was awesome.

I am just concerned that , in the red zone, we are too conservative. And, it could cost us dearly in the regular season.
Play action doesn't mean diddly if you aren't trying to run the ball. Then again, you've never been fond of setting up plays from previous plays.

Thanks, Chris. Your diligence and quality are really respected here, and appreciated, too.

patsox23 said:
Thanks, Chris. Your diligence and quality are really respected here, and appreciated, too.

Thanks for the kind words. BB is scheduled to address the media in a teleconference at 4 p.m. on Sunday. We'll have something new up then.

Thanks again,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes