PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Pats Sign Two Free Agent Linebackers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither sound impressive to me.

I think they are big long shots to make the team, but the coaches gave them a shot, so hopefully they will prove me wrong.

Mini-Camp / Training Camp Fodder. No big deal.

Journeymen, it would seem.

No need to disturb our ever-evolving mock rosters.

DaBruinz said:
Mini-Camp / Training Camp Fodder.
They'd better be - if they mess up my 2+2=4 thread I'm going to go and cry in the corner.

Gardner was a GREAT college LB (Northwestern if I am thinking of the right guy) He was expected to have a big future in Philly, but never quite made it that far.
He has bounced around, but is an NFL caliber ILB. Maybe the BB influence will elevate him as it has other LBs.

A JAG or more...

Barry Gardner is more than TC fodder. He was second round draft pick and has 24 games as a starter. It immediately makes him the fourth most experienced starter in the LB corps....

AzPatsFan said:
Barry Gardner is more than TC fodder. He was second round draft pick and has 24 games as a starter. It immediately makes him the fourth most experienced starter in the LB corps....

And David Terrell was a 1st rounder who had numerous starts as well.

I for one appreciate the scoop and would like to see anyone brought in as oppossed to us being content with Beisel and an unproven Claridge at ILB

AndyJohnson said:
Gardner was a GREAT college LB (Northwestern if I am thinking of the right guy) He was expected to have a big future in Philly, but never quite made it that far.
He has bounced around, but is an NFL caliber ILB. Maybe the BB influence will elevate him as it has other LBs.

I remember Gardner being a great college LB as well and maybe he needs to be in the right environment to realize his potential. Let's hope that Foxboro is the right place for him. At the very least he offers more competition at this position.

Bring on the Lombardi's !!!!!

That Vrabel guy worked out after little production in 4 years.:)

Last edited:
I think it's a good move to bring in competition and depth at LB and ST's. They both have exp. on 2 units that has lost some over the last couple years. Don't sell them short just yet.

Looks like warm bodies to me. Competition, to push Claridge/Biesel. Maybe one or both catch on with ST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes