PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Pats cut Smith, O'Sullivan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean Bam's coming back?

Why doesn't Bam ever get a chance on the starting roster? He always looks great in minicamps and TC and ends up getting cut. It's not like we're DEEP at receiver or anything. *scratches head*

i think they will sign of the safties in for work outs last week..

I can't keep my Micks straight. O'Sullivan, not the big fat one. Right.

PatsWickedPissah said:

Thats right the one you are thinking of is Jonathan Sullivan DL and the one they cut is J.T. O'Sullivan the quarterback.

PatsWickedPissah said:
:)

When I saw the subject I thought it was LeKevin Smith and Jonathan Sullivan - I'm a lot happier with the actual cuts.

broadwayjoe said:
Thats right the one you are thinking of is Jonathan Sullivan DL and the one they cut is J.T. O'Sullivan the quarterback.

Please, do not take anything I post seriously.
Thanks for the info.

BelichickFan said:
:)

When I saw the subject I thought it was LeKevin Smith and Jonathan Sullivan - I'm a lot happier with the actual cuts.

Me too! I mean, you can't have too many 300 lb defensive linemen, can you?

I think they could bring in a wideout..may depend on injuries...and who they need..a QB brought in?? I think that is quite definite..PSQd at least..with 2 openings..THAT will be interesting..

To piss off Buffalo?

Pats726 said:
I think they could bring in a wideout..may depend on injuries...and who they need..a QB brought in?? I think that is quite definite..PSQd at least..with 2 openings..THAT will be interesting..
Will anyone be surprise if one spot is used on a kicker just in case . . . I won't.

NEM said:
WHY, oh WHY, was Smith ever signed to begin with?????
I guess they liked him more than Bam. Gabriel had a hammy. So did Jackson. We were thin.

It's the long awaited return of wide receiver P. K. Sam! :eek:

Just kidding!

BelichickFan said:
Will anyone be surprise if one spot is used on a kicker just in case . . . I won't.
good point, they could use the rookie for kickoffs and bring in someone for field goals

BelichickFan said:

I will

Well, this gives a few roster moves to play with. I am thinking perhaps Mruc might make it back onto the squad after being cut to make room for Spann. Smith might be signed to our practice squad. Then we see how things shake out from there.

BelichickFan said:

Yes -- astonished.

First, I think that he's looked pretty good despite the setbacks. Second, the only way he will develop is by being thrown in there. He can't learn by holding a clip-board. If he's the one (and I think he is) we're committed.

I'm pretty sure Jonathan Smith is no longer practice squad eligible. He has 2 accrued seasons.

My Guess:

Pats re-sign Mruczkowski to 53-man squad.

Remaining practice spot stays open until they find another suitable, PSQ-eligible QB.

My Other Guess:

Pats cut Spann.

Spann is re-signed to the practice squad.

Pats sign one of their workout DBs.

My Other Other Guess:

Pats promote Childress.

2 practice squad spots are filled with whomever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes