PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Mr. Smith Going to Foxboro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hey everyone ... found this interesting nugget today. The Patriots have worked out Missouri QB Brad Smith as a wide receiver. Smith would be an intriguing mid-round selection — he led the Big 12 in rushing attempts and yards last season, and was considered one of the most versatile players in college football last season. Anyway, here's the link to the blog update.

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/278

Thanks,
Chris

I agree. He would be even better than Michael Robertson who the Steelers seem to be drooling over.

Smith has been saying that he wants to play QB. But, it seems he has changed his mind and WR would be his best position.

i dunno, maybe it is just me, i just don't like the qb to wr thing. the guy may be a great player, but he would be so far behind because he doesn't normally run route and cutting isn't a second nature to him. he isn't on a matt jones level. i just don't see it.

If BB/SP ever could find a roster-worthy position player that could serve as the 3rd QB, you'd have to think they'd value that highly (like Tupa used to). They cherish roster spots.

Does anyone know how this affects the game day roster, if at all? Who do you designate as your emergency QB?

Last edited:
If Belichick thinks they could make this guy play QB like he did his sophomore year, keep him there. He was amazing. As a WR I think he will be ok, just because he really wants to succeed. Either way he could bring something different to the table. Would love to see him grabbed with one of the 6th rounders, but I doubt he lasts that long. A 5 would most likely have to be used.

A guy like this could add versatility to the offense, a la Antwaan Randle El.

Here is another reason I don't like it. If he can't play WR it was a waisted pick. No way we can have Brady, Cassel, Smith as our depth. We need a vet QB. I do not see BB carrying 4 QBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes