PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Monday Morning Blitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hey everyone ... here's your latest dose of the MMB. It's got some good stuff, including a highly-regarded collegiate defensive end saying the Patriots have spoken to him about playing outside linebacker in the pros, the head coach home in Maryland to present an award, the folks in Ohio salivating over the thought of David Givens in a Cleveland uniform and three (that's right, THREE) ex-Patriots getting new coaching jobs.

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/244

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
I think Cleveland doesn't have a chance to get Givens b/c of Braylon Edwards. The guy was a #1 pick and he will be the future #1 WR of the Browns. I believe the only way Givens will leave NE if he gets serious $$$ as a #1 receiver.

Crennell might have some pull, but he'll only get so far w/ Charlie Frye or Trent Dilfer throwing the ball.

richpats said:
I think Cleveland doesn't have a chance to get Givens b/c of Braylon Edwards. The guy was a #1 pick and he will be the future #1 WR of the Browns. I believe the only way Givens will leave NE if he gets serious $$$ as a #1 receiver.
I agree and disagree. I agree that the Browns probably won't get Givens for the reason you state, with Edwards and Winslow the Browns already have a lot of money tied up in the receiving game. However they do have a chance given that they're $30M under the cap.

Another excellent collection of stories Chris!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back