PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Logan Mankins Q+A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hey everyone ... here's a complete Q+A with second-year offensive lineman Logan Mankins that was conducted today after the morning practice session at Gillette Stadium. Mankins touches on a number of topics, including his durability (he was only one of three rookies to play in all 16 regular season games last year), feeling comfortable in the offense and his "Welcome to the NFL, rookie" moment from last season.

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/356

We'll have more this afternoon, including a full transcript from Bill Belichick's press conference.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks Chris!

Let me ask you the question Mike didn't get to in his chat: where do you see the offensive line at this point in camp?

Last edited:
From the few practices that I saw, I see Mankins as being on the verge of a year two leap. He's really moving people and once he gets his hands on them, he owns them. I saw him make a switch and pickup a delayed blitzer on one play. I'm not sure he would have recognized that that year.
Of the year two guys I put his improvement leap at #2, behind Sanders, but in front of Hobbs.

Ochmed Jones said:
From the few practices that I saw, I see Mankins as being on the verge of a year two leap. He's really moving people and once he gets his hands on them, he owns them. I saw him make a switch and pickup a delayed blitzer on one play. I'm not sure he would have recognized that that year.
Of the year two guys I put his improvement leap at #2, behind Sanders, but in front of Hobbs.
Good stuff.

Ochmed Jones said:

I really love the way Mankins plays. A real nasty presence. Reminds me a little of Steve Wisnieski of the Raiders. It's OK to be dirty, this is football.

I also saw a lot of times last year where he would handoff his guy to the tackle, picking up a delayed blitzer thus creating a great pocket for Brady. Very few rookies are this advanced. On running plays he really plows downhill vs DL or LB's. Great to hear he is healthy and improving. This guy seems to have it all!!

Last edited:
Ichiro said:
I really love the way Mankins plays. A real nasty presence. Reminds me a little of Steve Wisnieski of the Raiders. It's OK to be dirty, this is football.

I also saw a lot of times last year where he would handoff his guy to the tackle, picking up a delayed blitzer thus creating a great pocket for Brady. Very few rookies are this advanced. On running plays he really plows downhill vs DL or LB's. Great to hear he is healthy and improving. This guy seems to have it all!!

He is a nasty one, and wayyyy ahead of many other players at the same stage of his career. A former Patriot I have spoken with calls him a throwback type of player, a nasty guy who would have been right at home on the Oakland o-lines of the 1960s and 1970s. I think he has the chance to be a very good offensive lineman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back