PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Laurence Maroney's MySpace Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christopher_Price said:
Hey everyone ... here's something that was just sent to me by a tipster — the MySpace site belonging to Pats' top pick Laurence Maroney. It appears to be the real deal. Get the link here:

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/303

Thanks,
Chris
Yea people really shouldnt mess with other peoples my space accounts even our own players. Besides some stuff on MySpace gets pretty bad and not good for younger ones that visit the forums.

I guess I'm from a different generation (I'm 39) but I don't get these MySpace things. They all seem to reflect badly on the person, I don't get it.

he hasn't really done much w/his..the alphabetism of his name was generated by a computer algorithm, not him..the rest is just his friends commenting.

I go to Iowa State and on the Rivals forums, we found 3 of our recruit's MySpace accounts, kind of funny, but they do a lot more information.

I equate myspace to what geocities was in the mid to late 90s though.

Clearly Laurence knows how to pimp the ho's. Good for him.

Christopher_Price said:
Hey everyone ... here's something that was just sent to me by a tipster — the MySpace site belonging to Pats' top pick Laurence Maroney. It appears to be the real deal. Get the link here:

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/303

Thanks,
Chris

I guess I'm from another generation and another planet. Never heard of MySpace until James Dungy's page was linked by a young poster on Indy Star (who really just wanted to prove he knew him). Sorry Chris but I really think the football media should have better things to do than post this stuff just cause a tipster sent it to you. I think you need to cultivate a better class of tipsters so we will all be better served.

Personally, in hindsight, I'd go so far as to delete it from my blog and this site. It serves no purpose and nothing positive will come from sharing it IMHO.

Hey everyone ... after some careful consideration, I have decided to remove the link to Laurence Maroney's MySpace site. Not saying I agree with everyone's opinion--he is a public figure, and this is something that he has attached his name to that's in the public domain--but because of the adult nature of the page.

Thanks,
Chris

Seems like everyone 21 and younger has a myspace account anymore. It's just the latest "fad". Eventually it will become uncool.

BelichickFan said:
I guess I'm from a different generation (I'm 39) but I don't get these MySpace things. They all seem to reflect badly on the person, I don't get it.

I'm 39 also and dont have a myspace account, but I know a couple of the younger people where I work have them and what they put on their is nothing like their true persona. It's almost like their fantasy land where they put down how they want people to think of them, not how they really are.

I didn't see Maroney's site, but somebody mentioned Maroney knew how to "pimp the ho's". One the young kids at work constantly mentions in his site that he's away and probably out bedding another girl (I put it nicely as to how he phrased it). When in truth I don't think he could get laid in a whore house with a hand full of fifty-dollar bills.

It's a fantasy world where people can put what they want in anonimity because more than likely they wont meet the people that are reading the crap their posting.

Maroney's problem is he was picked in the first round of the NFL draft and now everybody knows him.

Could some1 pm me the link now that it's been removed?

bakes781 said:
Could some1 pm me the link now that it's been removed?
Google is a wonderful thing.

I hate the whole myspace fad. When it started gaining popularity I thought it was way tooo cheezy to catch-on. I was wrong. And I still don't get it. :)

Im 20. Im not a nerdy 20. Im a regular working 20 year old who goes to the gym, work, fixes his car, etc. everyone i know has a Myspace account and are constantly trying to get me to join. Why? Its dumb and after about 2 days your completely board with the entire thing. Its a waste of your time and energy and most people that have started one have realized that now. Its slowly becomming unpopular again.

Willie55 said:
I'm 39 also and dont have a myspace account, but I know a couple of the younger people where I work have them and what they put on their is nothing like their true persona. It's almost like their fantasy land where they put down how they want people to think of them, not how they really are.

I didn't see Maroney's site, but somebody mentioned Maroney knew how to "pimp the ho's". One the young kids at work constantly mentions in his site that he's away and probably out bedding another girl (I put it nicely as to how he phrased it). When in truth I don't think he could get laid in a whore house with a hand full of fifty-dollar bills.

It's a fantasy world where people can put what they want in anonimity because more than likely they wont meet the people that are reading the crap their posting.

Maroney's problem is he was picked in the first round of the NFL draft and now everybody knows him.

:rofl:

ten characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill