PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Junior Seau Q+A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Chris.

No problem. We'll have more tomorrow ... and we'll be blogging from Gillette for the Patriots-Cardinals contest.

Thanks,
Chris

Great stuffs.

Thanks.

I love his terminology "graduated" not retired... now going after his "masters" - i.e. a Super Bowl Ring

Regardless of what happens the organization and fans should appreciate the respect that Seau is showing by indicating the Patriots are the graduate school of the NFL

Man, he's got those Belichick non-answer answers down already.

I understand why he said it, but I wish he wouldn't've made that comment about always being a Charger.

Tunescribe said:
I understand why he said it, but I wish he wouldn't've made that comment about always being a Charger.

Yeah but that's damned if you do and damned if you don't situation

Junior's also a pretty bright guy, but you're kindof expecting him to be as eloquent and quick-minded as a writer for a music magazine

JoeSixPat said:
Yeah but that's damned if you do and damned if you don't situation

Junior's also a pretty bright guy, but you're kindof expecting him to be as eloquent and quick-minded as a writer for a music magazine

Well, we all know that would be a pretty tall order. ;) But, he could've said something like, "What I'm doing now should in no way reflect one way or the other on what I accomplished with San Diego." It's like Willie signing with Cleveland and saying, "Always a Patriot." Along the same lines, don't you think Rodney's legacy is now more as a Patriot than as a Charger?

There are some great lines in that Q & A. Thanks Chris. Great work as always.

Q: Did Rodney [Harrison] play any role in this at all?
JS: Rodney logged a couple of calls. He’ll probably get a finder’s fee.

But that is one of the best.

I am not sure what Junior has left but in his interview he presents himself as a quality guy!

Tunescribe said:
Well, we all know that would be a pretty tall order. ;) But, he could've said something like, "What I'm doing now should in no way reflect one way or the other on what I accomplished with San Diego." It's like Willie signing with Cleveland and saying, "Always a Patriot." Along the same lines, don't you think Rodney's legacy is now more as a Patriot than as a Charger?

Rodney's legacy is definitely that of a Patriot...after two Super Bowl wins how could it be any different.

Tunescribe said:

Do you know, when I read the piece this comment struck me too -- but I loved it.

I'm happy for someone whose heart is where he played for the main part of his career and I'm fine with him saying so. I'd much rather that than someone who looks back on a long and successful career with bitterness. What is important, though, is that he has no problem in saying "That was then, this is now". (As someone about to leave a job I've done for 16 years for a new environment, I identify with his feelings!)

Good luck, Junior -- I'm very glad to have you, desperation move or not!

'i'm always a Charger' said from Seau it does not disturb me

i accept it

but i'm sure from today he will do his best for the New England Patriots

Last edited by a moderator:
Tunescribe said:

Yea and if he wins a Super Bowl with the Pats, he will also forever be a Patriot. I wouldnt worry about that

Patti37 said:
There are some great lines in that Q & A. Thanks Chris. Great work as always.

Q: Did Rodney [Harrison] play any role in this at all?
JS: Rodney logged a couple of calls. He’ll probably get a finder’s fee.

But that is one of the best.

I am not sure what Junior has left but in his interview he presents himself as a quality guy!

Thanks for the kind words, Patti.

Someone already used this analogy, but I see this as a move very similar to the acquisition of Bryan Cox in 2001. A veteran linebacker with a high motor who may have lost a step, but is still better than the alternative. And people MUST remember that, unlike many of the linebackers who have come through here the last few years (Beisel, Brown, etc.), Seau knows the Belichick system from his time with Saban in Miami.

I agree,good post.I like this signing.....hope he can stay on the field,it will give the Lb corps a big lift......a quality guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes