PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Inactives, plus a lineup change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digger44 said:
Heath Evans is going to play TE??? Weird. When you seem him at TE does that mean it will be a running play?
I'm sure he means starting as a FB, not a TE. And that Thomas should get plenty of playing time this week.

BelichickFan said:
I'm sure he means starting as a FB, not a TE. And that Thomas should get plenty of playing time this week.
Ya thats what i was thinking, but it is weird wording. I do hope we hear from Mills today.

Chad Jackson still active, WHEW!

Mills is inactive.

I believe Evans will start at FB, with the job of blocking on running plays and protecting the QB on passing plays, and being available for an occasional pass. In these roles, he does replace Graham. And, yes Thomas should get a lot of playing time.

Digger44 said:
Ya thats what i was thinking, but it is weird wording. I do hope we hear from Mills today.

I still don't see what Garret Mills is doing on the starting 53 over Bam childress.

Heath Evans will play H-back. He will be the lead blocker for Maroney, because Maroney runs better with a lead fullback picking his holes for him.

PonyExpress said:
Heath Evans will play H-back. He will be the lead blocker for Maroney, because Maroney runs better with a lead fullback picking his holes for him.

It's really semantics--Evans will not be a tight end. He'll be at fullback.

There is only one place where Childress is considered to be valuable; that place is on fan boards. The team has no intention of allowing someone else to pick up our #4 draft choice. Neither would be active while on the 53, so the issue is really the future and who is more likely to be lost if he were on the Practice Squad. I agree with bb's judgement.

I would note that every week the bottom three DL's and Mills are inactive. Also one of the special teamers Andrews or Spann. Finally the least healthy OL has been out each week.

D-cleater said:
I still don't see what Garret Mills is doing on the starting 53 over Bam childress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back