PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Flutie on the drop kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
ClosingTime said:
Since BB was obviously decided since he wasn't going to try 100 percent to win (and possibly even tank the game), he'd still get his name on Sportcenter.
BB has been on Sportscenter plenty for his 5 SB wins. I really doubt that he was trying to get on it tonight with that move. Now trying to do something nice and fun for a potentially retiring, fan-favorite QB is another story...

ClosingTime said:
Box of Rocks,
I now understand the meaning of your handle.
:D Always nice to see the light come on within an otherwise vacant mind.

Now let's see if you can grasp this: BB paid your lads a complement with his game plan. Surely such a logical mind as yours will comprehend the strategy involved? :rolleyes:

God forbid someone try to have some fun with a football game.

Because we can

ClosingTime said:
Question: Why do it? a drop kick is much harder than a conventional extra point. What can be the possible reason?
Answer: So Bellechick can continue to have his ego stroked and be called a genius.
That was bush-league crap just to get people talking about him in a game that he otherwise tanked.

Why do it?

Because we can!

All that other crap you said was pure envy and spite. It was historical... I loved it.

ROFL...like BB needs Flutie to do a drop kick to be called a genius.

Dude, make an argument that makes even an iota of sense and perhaps people will respond accordingly.

Or better yet, post at your own board. Seriously. Find something better to do with your time than waste ours.

Last edited:
ClosingTime said:
Not flame at all. Just calling a spade a spade. As I said, bush league. Guess BB really did want the 4th seed.
Kicking an extra point is wanting to lose the game? It was the perfect place to try it because the score was 25-19 with a couple of minutes left. Two points does not get you within a field goal, 1 point or even no points leaves you less than a TD down.

I suppose you also think taking an intentional safety with a couple minutes to go back in the Denver game was dumb too.

Th steelers seem unable to beat the pats. Maybe if your guys tried to play more like our guys, youk might beat us in the post season one of these years. Not this year, alas, because you won't get past Indy :)

One more good reason for the kick

I no longer think it was coincidence that BB showed the media Friday film of his father playing in 1941, and in the post-game press conference today BB knew WITHOUT BEING PROMPTED that 1941 was the last time it happened. BB was just honoring the history of the game. I might start a new thread with this idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back