PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog - Denver Recap - late but worth the read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't made this guy a regular check-in yet, so this is a little late, but as noted, worth the read.
http://www.theday.com/re.aspx?re=804e0d06-d164-4f71-b697-23f3a04266a9

The great thing about the Patriots’ uninspired 17-7 loss to the Broncos Sunday night is that it’s only Week 3. Consider this a teaching loss.

I’m sure Coach Bill Belichick will.
-----
In essence, this loss was more about Patriot mistakes than Denver playing well. Big plays and untimely penalties doomed the good guys in this one.
-----
New England’s best chance to score was with just over 7 minutes left in the third quarter. Plummer hit tight end Kyle Johnson streaking over the middle, and Eugene Wilson leveled him. The ball popped out, but the officials ruled it was incomplete. Now, supposedly, you have to catch the ball and make a “football move†before it’s a fumble, but the guy caught the ball, turned his head and took a step. What, did he have to do the Ickey Shuffle or pull a Sharpie out of his sock before a fumble was called? The NFL has so many sissy rules, it’s ridiculous.
-----
I’m just glad it’s not a division loss, and I’m just glad there’s a game next week to focus on so I can forget this borefest of a debacle.
-----
Did you ever think that sometimes, God shapes our bodies into a representation of our inner personality? Kind of like physical onomonopatea? Well, I think commentator Chris Collinsworth is an example of this. He’s condescending, rarely has anything insightful to say, and tries to cover up his simplistic analyses with verbal put-downs complete with face-scrunches and eye-rolls. He was awful when he worked for CBS, he is awful on HBO’s “Inside The NFL†and now he’s awful on NBC’s nw “Football Night In America†show...

Box,
Sorry, this guy doesn't make it to the 'regular read' list. What the heck is onomonopatea? Did he mean onomatopoeia? I wouldn't gush over this fellow.

On his football notes, he puts it all on NE mistakes and not on Denver play, and frankly, I thought excellent Denver play had a whole lot to do with this game. Great defense and some phenomenal clutch passes and receptions under pressure.

I miss Tom Curran.

PatsFan37 said:
Box,
Sorry, this guy doesn't make it to the 'regular read' list. What the heck is onomonopatea? Did he mean onomatopoeia? I wouldn't gush over this fellow.

On his football notes, he puts it all on NE mistakes and not on Denver play, and frankly, I thought excellent Denver play had a whole lot to do with this game. Great defense and some phenomenal clutch passes and receptions under pressure.

I miss Tom Curran.
Heh, I'm easy to please, and while Denver played well, the Pats' own problems where what killed them. This goes back to the Belichick favorite, 'I have no control over that so I'm focusing on the things I can control.' In this case, that's the Patriots' blocking, play-calling, etc. The Pats have allowed Denver's team to beat a lot of individual efforts in the latest confrontations. Still, there is plenty of time for this group to form an identity, preferably an aggressive, winning one.

Thanks for the spelling correction, I was wearing out the track ball trying to find an online dictionary who who could translate him for me. It does seem as if the word was 25 cents spent in the wrong manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes