PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Corey Unloads On The Media

Status
Not open for further replies.
dryheat44 said:
Good. I like my team nice and angry. Let's see if Mankins & Company can open up some nice holes.

Mankins is an animal did you see what he did to Zack Thomas last week... :rocker:

Pissed off Pats players - what else is new? Personally disrespected, Team is disrespected ..... hey, whatever it takes to jack themselves up for Saturday Nights game is fine by me.

Garbanza said:
Pissed off Pats players - what else is new? Personally disrespected, Team is disrespected ..... hey, whatever it takes to jack themselves up for Saturday Nights game is fine by me.

Hopefully that's the case ... I really don't think the media has been overly critical of Dillon this season. Likewise I think most fans have recognized that his health has not allowed him to perform the way he'd like.

He's not been as healthy or explosive or consistent this year. Reporters have reflected this. There's no reason for him to be overly sensitive about it.

But if it bothers him that much hopefully he'll go out and have a monster game.

After reading Mike Reiss' presentation of what transpired this AM, I think I have the comment figured out. Corey was basically saying he only cares what his teamates and his employer perceive about his performance this season. And if any reporters wanted to run that sentiment by BB they should feel free to. I believe what he was trying to say (badly - he's no gifted speaker) was ask my coach what he thinks about the criticism that has been leveled at me and the fact that I (say I) could care less what you media types think.

I believe his coach has not had any issues with Corey (and he has been repeatedly asked as well), has said he is working hard as is the entire offense to get the running game going, is probably covering for some injuries and performance issues along the way (not just Corey's), and would not be upset with a player saying he doesn't give a f*** what the media says or writes as well.

Bill's Girl said:
HA!! I am trying not to be an alarmist with this whole thing, Corey probably was talking about BB. This is the last thing we need right now. It will be all over the radio and Felger will be whining about on his show an on NEST........grrrrrrr!

Good. I want that man pissed on Sat.

Even if it's painful for us to hear. Even if the media blows it all out of context. As long as it keeps Corey pissed, it's worth it.

The Patriots dedicate this one to the Jaguars...Boys?

Respect
(originally recorded by by Aretha Franklin)
-------------------------------------------
(oo)
That Lombardi
(oo)
Baby, you want it
(oo)
Jack-son-ville, now
(oo)
That's where we got it
(oo)
All you're askin'
(oo)
Is for a little respect at The Blade
(just a little bit)
Hey baby
(just a little bit)
at The Blade
(just a little bit)
Jaguars
(just a little bit)

Y'all startin' to sound like the Postons, always cryin' 'bout respect and money,
But we're about to give you, all you can handle, honey,
When you go crawling out bloody and beaten,
Just remember to respect The Blade, now
(just a, just a, just a, just a)
Yeah baby
(just a, just a, just a, just a)
Respect The Blade, now
(just a little bit)
Yeah
(just a little bit)

(oo)
Oh, The Steelers
(oo)
They learned that lesson, honey
(oo)
Peyton Manning and the Colts?
(oo)
No rings and a whole lotta money
(oo)
Now, all we're asking, Jags
(oo)
Is don't cry when we bee-otch slap ya, baby
(Del-re, Del-re, Del-re ,Del-re)
Don't cry Jack Del Rio
(Del-re, Del-re, Del-re , Del-re)
Pain train comin' that you can't see-o
(respect, just a little bit)
Just respect The Bill, now, honey
(just a little bit)

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Welcome to New England, see
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
P-A-T-S always T-C-B

We
(sack it to ya, sack it to ya, sack it to ya, sack it to ya)
All night long, now

Mike Martz, now
(just a little bit)
He learned about respect
(just a little bit)
Jake DelHomme, baby
(just a little bit)
Didn't know what to expect
(just a little bit)
Donavan McNabb & T-O, now
(just a little bit)
They ain't lyin'
(just a little bit)

(Del-re, Del-re, Del-re, Del-re) 'spect

When you come to play New England
(Del-re, Del-re, Del-re, Del-re)
Better stop your nit-pickin'
(respect, just a little bit)
Cause we getting ready to unleash
(just a little bit)
Another playoff ass-kickin'
(just a little bit)

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Look and those banners you'll see
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Those babies didn't come fo' free

We
All night long, now

And when we're done, Jags
(Oo)
You're gonna have a little respect
(just a little bit)
Oh, yeah
(just a little bit)
Just a little respect now
(just a little bit)
Uh-huh
(just a little bit)

Last edited:
MoLewisrocks said:
After reading Mike Reiss' presentation of what transpired this AM, I think I have the comment figured out. Corey was basically saying he only cares what his teamates and his employer perceive about his performance this season. And if any reporters wanted to run that sentiment by BB they should feel free to. I believe what he was trying to say (badly - he's no gifted speaker) was ask my coach what he thinks about the criticism that has been leveled at me and the fact that I (say I) could care less what you media types think.

I believe his coach has not had any issues with Corey (and he has been repeatedly asked as well), has said he is working hard as is the entire offense to get the running game going, is probably covering for some injuries and performance issues along the way (not just Corey's), and would not be upset with a player saying he doesn't give a f*** what the media says or writes as well.
Right Arm Mo, that was how I read it in both blogs.

Point of information: Those with small children will understand, if your asked the same thing over and over again it gets a little annoying. multiply that 30+ times by people whose job requirements stress child-like persistence in questioning people - with a perk of no time outs. Our team is getting mentally ready for a one and done elimination run and they are trying to focus on what Saturday will bring out on THEIR field. Questions about our running game during the regular season are going backwards as far as they are concerned - what was it BB said the other day about not looking back at Nut's favorite extra point or the regular season?

Thumbs up to Cory, kick some Jaguar butt and try not to waste your time with the ravening horde. :cool:

Thanks Chris, for doing a good job and being one our primary sources in the ravening horde! :D

Box_O_Rocks said:
Thanks Chris, for doing a good job and being one our primary sources in the ravening horde! :D

No problem ... I love doing what I do, and I appreciate people clicking through to the blog every day.

Just for edification, the "Bill" he was talking about was "Belichick," and the reason he said "I don't give a f***" was not that he didn't care about the game or his teammates. It was in regards to what anyone else said, thought or wrote about him. His ultimate point was that all he cares about is football. All that other stuff--like age, critics, etc.? Well, to quote Corey ... he doesn't give a f***.

Sorry about not providing enough context for the comment. (and provoking endless speculation among patsfans.com nation!)

Christopher_Price said:
No problem ... I love doing what I do, and I appreciate people clicking through to the blog every day.

Just for edification, the "Bill" he was talking about was "Belichick," and the reason he said "I don't give a f***" was not that he didn't care about the game or his teammates. It was in regards to what anyone else said, thought or wrote about him. His ultimate point was that all he cares about is football. All that other stuff--like age, critics, etc.? Well, to quote Corey ... he doesn't give a f***.

Sorry about not providing enough context for the comment. (and provoking endless speculation among patsfans.com nation!)

Please tell me that he looked really pissed and won't get over it until about 11:30 PM on Sat.

Christopher_Price said:

Thanks, Chris, you are really giving Reiss a run for his money! Having a real competition between bloggers only benefits us fans. We are fortunate.

I thought it far-fetched that Corey would be the type to be on a first name basis with a writer from the Worcester Telegram or Lawrence Eagle-Tribune (no offense to the people of either of those fine papers).

Christopher_Price said:

Just like Cory having to answer the same questions each week, "endless speculation" is a naturally occuring byproduct of your work. Too many of us read things too quickly and let our emotions lead the way when responding - I am holding my hand up with a guilty expression.

Thank you very much for interacting with us here, it really makes the fan experience so much more enjoyable.

NEM said:
I find absolutely NOTHING wrong with the things he said, and the way he said them....and why wouldn't I find it ok...he sounds like me when I get pissed....Now I feel better. :D
:D He sounds like you when your breathing my gentle and soft spoken friend!

Just hearing the radio guys today, except Big O and Holley (who said this is big boy journalism now and that those reporters in the locker room should grow up) they sound like spoiled brats because Dillon was pissed off at them. It wasn't like he came out unsolicited and made his comments, he was being interrupted doing an interview with another member of the press.

Dear Corey,

We all know that you've been playing hurt this season and as fans of the Patriots we sincerely appreciate the effort. We also know that you aren't allowed to talk about injuries to reporters -- for good reasons. So we completely appreciate how frustrating it is to have reporters question your ability and desire. For us they're not in doubt.

We just hope that your recovery is going well enough to help the team deep into the play-offs. And if you want to use some strong language at the members of the Press, that's fine by me.

Yours,

One of your fans.

Mike the Brit said:
Dear Corey,

We all know that you've been playing hurt this season and as fans of the Patriots we sincerely appreciate the effort. We also know that you aren't allowed to talk about injuries to reporters -- for good reasons. So we completely appreciate how frustrating it is to have reporters question your ability and desire. For us they're not in doubt.

We just hope that your recovery is going well enough to help the team deep into the play-offs. And if you want to use some strong language at the members of the Press, that's fine by me.

Yours,

One of your fans.
Really, I just wish he wasn't so patient with our media friends. ;)

Corey being angry is good. BB and #12 playing the disrespect angle good. Maybe they were all forced to listen to the Big Show or even worse the "best" of Dennis and Callahan.

Dear Corey,

I saw the letter Mike the Brit sent you, and I just wanted you to know that while Mike is a helluva guy, he doesn't speak for all of us. I for one think you've lost a step. I'd go so far as to call you old, slow, and soft. Not once this year have you carried 5 dudes on your back across the goal line, you seem tentative to find the hole, and you don't seem to be punishing would-be tacklers like you used to. Where's the old Corey that would just run over people leaving a mess of crumpled bodies in his wake? Sad to say, he's long gone. Hang 'em up, you're done.

Sincerely,
TSD

P.S. Please feel free to prove me wrong over the next four games. :singing:

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Dear Corey,

I saw the letter Mike the Brit sent you, and I just wanted you to know that while Mike is a helluva guy, he doesn't speak for all of us. I for one think you've lost a step. I'd go so far as to call you old, slow, and soft. Not once this year have you carried 5 dudes on your back across the goal line, you seem tentative to find the hole, and you don't seem to be punishing would-be tacklers like you used to. Where's the old Corey that would just run over people leaving a mess of crumpled bodies in his wake? Sad to say, he's long gone. Hang 'em up, you're done.

Sincerely,
TSD

And your welcome to stay with T-shirt this summer to teach him the fundimentals of contact golf. :)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Dear Corey,

Sincerely,
TSD

Outstanding post! (B O R got the response in first). :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back