PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Corey Unloads On The Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hey everyone ...here's the latest from Gillette this morning. It includes an R-rated tirade from Corey Dillon and the return (to the locker room, at least) of Randall "Blue" Gay.

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/197

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
Man....what set that off?

dryheat44 said:

No kidding.. that'll have the Cincy "I told you so"ers out in force..

dryheat44 said:

He was asked a question about his critics, and it just sent him off. I'll be able to post more from this later today.

Christopher_Price said:
Hey everyone ...here's the latest from Gillette this morning. It includes an R-rated tirade from Corey Dillon and the return (to the locker room, at least) of Randall "Blue" Gay.

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/197

Thanks,
Chris
I think Corey was feeling really good to start the season until he hurt himself and has been fighting those injuries ever since. He's probably sick and tired of hearing how the media and some fans have already tagged him as "washed up"! I've always thought that he's a fighter and has been doing the best he can given his injuries, and an ever changing O line. He's absolutely right on when he say's the only respect he cares about is his coaches and teammates, but I'm sure like most people, he deep down inside also cares about what Joe public thinks! Unfortunately, this will probably backfire on him somewhat! :(

DefenseRules said:
In Mike's blogg it says that Dillon was asked a question about being buried by critics.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

I don't know what's going on in the Patriots locker room this week but some buttons are being pushed that's for sure.

Good. I like my team nice and angry. Let's see if Mankins & Company can open up some nice holes.

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:
No kidding.. that'll have the Cincy "I told you so"ers out in force..
Well, he's still not the same Corey he was in Cincy... He only blasted the media, while still saying the right things from the TEAM standpoint : "Why does it really matter to me what you guys write or what you think? I don’t give a s***. I don’t care. All I care about is what my teammates think and how we go out there and play football."

It seems like there's a definite "us against the world" mentality floating around that locker room. Hey, whatever works I guess.

Good. Keep him fired up and watch him run right over the Jags!!

I think it's GREAT - Cory Dillon is in the playoffs now and he is feeling ticked off.

When he gains over 100 yards each game and helps to carry this team to another Superbowl - we will all cheer, including the media.

Run Cory run and all will be well, just as it has always been for him, he knows it we all know it. If he is feeling good, we will be in awesome shape. i could care less if he gripes abut the intrusive media that has dogged him all year.

Obviously something. Bill - could be Bill Burt of venerable Lawrence Eagle Tribune (and occasional WEEI guest). I'm sure Chris probably knows but better to initially just throw these thing out there out of context.

Corey of course should just ignore whatever it is. But maybe he's just using the media criticism he has faced off and on this season as a motivational tool. And that's fine by me.

Like Chris said, he's just directing his anger towards a limited media audience. I do that too. And I have a far worse vocabulary than Corey when I get revved up. As do a number of people around here.

dryheat44 said:

It may be more of an internal issue than with the press. Corey knows his numbers are down this year, and the press just mentions it in their coverage. I don't think anyone has made a big issue of his numbers. He has been fighting injuries all year, and most everyone probably understands this. I think he is in a defensive mode, and doesn't want it pointed out. I happen to think an angry Corey Dillion is a good thing; if he was just satisfied with the way his season has gone, I would worry.

Wow, that's one unhappy human.

I hope he takes that out on the Jags this Saturday.

Would I be reading too much into that "You can tell Bill. I don’t give a f***. I don’t care. This is what it is. Take it or leave it." part?

Why is he bringing up Belichik when he was asked about his critics? I hope there's nothing there.

On the other hand, PLEASE NOTE, he has never thrown any Patriot under bus this year, even with all the upheaval on the O-Line.

There's a lot of grouchiness and feeling of not respect in that lockerroom this week. They might actually committ some atrocities on the Jaguars!

Last edited:
Additionally from Reiss:
According to one media member in the interview, Dillon grew frustrated when a prior one-on-one interview was interrupted multiple times. Dillon granted the one-on-one interview, then was asked to speak to all media members, which he didn’t initially want to do.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Well, he's still not the same Corey he was in Cincy... He only blasted the media, while still saying the right things from the TEAM standpoint : "Why does it really matter to me what you guys write or what you think? I don’t give a s***. I don’t care. All I care about is what my teammates think and how we go out there and play football."

Great point T-Shirt, you're right on with that observation.

And really, who doesn't get sick of the Boston media guys?

shmessy said:
Wow, that's one unhappy human.

I hope he takes that out on the Jags this Saturday.

Would I be reading too much into that "You can tell Bill. I don’t give a f***. I don’t care. This is what it is. Take it or leave it." part?

Why is he bringing up Belichik when he was asked about his critics? I hope there's nothing there.

On the other hand, PLEASE NOTE, he has never thrown any Patriot under bus this year, even with all the upheaval on the O-Line.

There's a lot of grouchiness and feeling of not respect in that lockerroom this week. They might actually committ some atrocities on the Jaguars!

I'm sure he's just recognizing that BB won't be too happy with this "truth"!

I like it!

Attachments

• corey.jpg
    corey.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes