PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Colvin with "Dale & Holley"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The players had Monday off, but here are some of the highlights from the “Patriots Monday†interview with Rosevelt Colvin with “Dale & Holley†on Sportsradio 850 WEEI. There's some good stuff with him in here, including a shout-out to his practice squad partner Wesley Britt and the fact that it took him until this past preseason to get truly comfortable in the New England defensive scheme.

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/166

Thanks,
Chris

Sounds Like W. Britt is coming along nicely. He was a highly regarded OT at Alabama. Many draft experts thought he was a first day pick last year. Instead he fell to the 5th round to the Chargers. Not sure why they released him. Looks as though he might be in the mix for some playing time next year.

I don't know. Maybe it's me but is rosy being a little too revealing in this interview especially regarding the pads in practice?

Good to see him coming on in th D so well.

NOWAKJOE said:
Sounds Like W. Britt is coming along nicely. He was a highly regarded OT at Alabama. Many draft experts thought he was a first day pick last year. Instead he fell to the 5th round to the Chargers. Not sure why they released him. Looks as though he might be in the mix for some playing time next year.
Britt was injured and not fully recovered at draft time, I imagine he was just too raw for San Diego to play around with. He is exactly the kind of OL Pioli shops for off the scrap heap given which coach he's shopping for.

Here's the item on Rosie that shows how far he's come and why he's playing lights out against the run now.
When you arrived here, you had a reputation as a speed rusher. You seem to be that, but also, more of a power player than you were when you first arrived. Is that fair?
•"I think the defensive scheme gives me a little bit more of an opportunity to do … the scheme is different. I think I said it last night to somebody — you have to learn how to play in this scheme. Because when I was in Chicago, I was a ‘backer, and we had four down lineman. And whenever I got a chance to rush, it was a blitz to get to the quarterback. Here, you can be a rusher, but it’s not a blitz, and you have to be able to understand whether it’s a run or a pass. And I’ve sort of tried to control … from running around the corner to running into the guy and setting him up for a later move. Knowing how to set the edge in this defense as an outside linebacker and knowing how to set the edge in this defense as an outside linebacker, you have to acquire that. When I first got here, I was just running around the corner every time. It could be a draw play. And in practice, I could make the play, but that’s practice. You get in the game, they’re going to throw you up the field, you’ll miss the tackle, and it will be a six or seven yard gain. It took me, probably, until this preseason to understand where I needed to be."
:eat3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back