PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Belichick, Brady Q+A's from today

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's up with BB lately? He's practically a laugh riot what with jokes about players sleeping on cots at the stadium and Brad Seeley being "bigger and more physical than Bobby April."

Should we take this as a good sign that's he's feeling confident about Sunday or are these the tears of a clown?

I'm not so sure he was joking about the sleeping on cots thing.

Hoodie said:
what's up with BB lately? He's practically a laugh riot what with jokes about players sleeping on cots at the stadium and Brad Seeley being "bigger and more physical than Bobby April."

Should we take this as a good sign that's he's feeling confident about Sunday or are these the tears of a clown?

...or how bout these 2 lines:

"You'd like to think everything is going along okay. It’s kind of like the story about the guy falling off the building and he’s waving to everybody on the way down thinking everything is great until you hit the pavement."

"I've never stood up in front of the team and said, ‘Okay, fellas let's not be tough this year. We don't really want to be physical this week. Let’s kind of take the week off.’"

I found this really interesting:

"I think our offense has evolved to that, yes. We’re seven years into the same offense and, believe me, we have a lot more plays and a lot more options and we have more variety than we had in 2000. Even though the terminology was the same and fundamentally a lot of things were the same we've been able to grow and build things offensively with Tom and with the entire offensive unit. We have a much wider… many more points of attack than we had in this offense five or six years ago. So that includes more responsibility for [Tom] and more plays. When you add more plays there are more adjustments and there are more variables."

With all of the coaching and QB turnover in the NFL I think the Pats have the longest tenure with one QB running the same offense in the league. I know we have changed OC's but it is still CW/BB's base offense. The only similar situation I can think of is in Indy. Did Dungy bring ina new OC when he was hired?

Just another advantage of having BB and Brady. That Playbook is probably so thick at this point it must be on wheels.

wow, terrific insight from the coach.

pure formatting nitpick -- you may want to put the questions in BOLD so that they stand out from the coach's words a little more cleanly.

awesome job!

I love BB. I find him amusing.

This was by far the best part of it.

Question: Is part of the value of a two tight ends not to declare a strong side so the defense can’t adjust accordingly?
BB: Well, they can declare it. They can declare whatever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes