PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: BB's Wednesday Morning Q+A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic Bellichick: "Even if I did talk about it, I wouldn't talk about it."

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Classic Bellichick: "Even if I did talk about it, I wouldn't talk about it."

Yeah, I laughed when I read that.

Then I read another insane NEM post and my chuckles died sad little deaths.

".... ultimately it doesn't really matter what happened last week or last year.
The only thing that matters is what's going to happen this Sunday
and how the two teams this Sunday compete against each other and how they play.
It doesn't matter who the better team is. It doesn't matter who has a better record.
It doesn't matter how many Pro Bowl players one team has or the other team doesn't have.
It just matters how good you can go out and play this week
and I think that's really where I try to generate my energy, and our coaches, is
how to get our team to play its best football collectively on Sunday afternoon, and in this case against the Buffalo Bills.
Whether we did or didn't play good against them the last time
or somebody else that has played them in between has or hasn't,
maybe you use that information a little bit to formulate a game plan or a strategy,
but ultimately it's being able to go out there and get your team to play better than their team.
That's really what I try to focus on on a week-to-week basis.
I really don't care too much about what happened last week, last year, last month, or in any other game
other than maybe to learn a little bit about the strategy or the scheme that you'd want to use as you get ready for that team.
I think that's really all independent of what's going to happen this week.

From utterances of the master.

Brownfan80 said:
Yeah, I laughed when I read that.

Then I read another insane NEM post and my chuckles died sad little deaths.

ignore.gif

Ok Ok Ok... Let me preface this post by disclosing that I'm on my 5th beer of the evening but I just noticed something and I don't think anyone's p osted this idea here yet...

Remember th at movie '8 Mile' with Eminem? Remember th e freestyle rap showdown at the e nd where he gets the jump on all hte other contestants by rapping about all the things they're planning to mention about him? Is that not what Belichick does in his press conferences? He sits there and describes everything about the Bills' offensive sets and what he already knows they like to do and will likely do. He heaps praise on some players, to show that he's been paying attention to their styles. So now the Bills will try even harder to trip him up with more confusing formations and probably confuse themselves, or decide that he knows too much about their strategy and try something completely different (I call this the 'Tony Dungy' reaction). Then Belichick says something about the 2nd LB always getting the opportunity at the goal line... don't think the Bills might try to overcompensate blocking for him and create a weakness somewhere else? We always appreciate his one-line wisdom (Berra-esque, absolutely) and his terseness, but I wonder if this isn't a game, like fishing, whereby if he sees that the Bills are biting on his press conference at half-time, he quickly begins reeling them in ... I'm pretty sure that Lao Tszu would endorse this strategy and well all know one of the books on Belichick's crowded shelf...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back