PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Block Guests on game day...Please Sign the Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in on this as well.

Also, If fans of other teams start spewing their crap about how happy they are about what happened to Brady yesterday, I too will become defensive and verbally attack.

First thing this morning while coming into work, I run into a Dolphins fan who is all smiles about what happened to Brady and told me "as a Dolphins fan this is all I have to look forward too." Can you effin believe that? I wanted to punch him out right then and there.

Use the "triangle" to report them and we will decide if they need to be warned or whacked. No sense giving them what they want.

I agree, limit/restrict guests on game day. I was refreshing like a maniac last night, it was taking forever.

I just installed a mod where Guests are now limited to 10 views before being forced to register. It's already bumping them off and we're speeding up as we speak ;)

Ian

THANKS IAN
any way to charge them a few bucks to play for a day
Capitalizim my man......:)

I'm Captain Stone, and I approve this message.

Though I'd rather have trolls from Indy, SD and - especially - the RATS (& jints) banned permanently.

And here I thought my slow-azz computer was just acting slower because of some of the adult websites I may or may not have visited.

Certainly happy to support this movement.

I absolutely support this, and in fact I would go even farther - you can't post until 3 days after you register.

It seems faster. Thanks for the mod.

I agree, limit/restrict guests on game day. I was refreshing like a maniac last night, it was taking forever.

That cheered me up. Good work.

Oh, and good work, Ian.

I agree as well.

And go Pats! I loved the Pats with Steve Grogan and I loved the Pats with Hugh Millan. And god damn, I love the Pats with Matt Cassel!

I think this whole idea is shortsighted. I've been a registered user for several years, but you can see by my # of posts that I don't write posts just for the sake of yapping about nothing. I frequently check the site to see what's going on, but don't even bother to log in unless I've got something to say. Does that make me a lurker? Hardly. I just love the site because it's a great source of information. When I find something new, I log in to share it.

Patsfans.com is a great site because of the mods, columnists, advertisers and members. If we lock out the "lurkers and trolls" until they register, we'll be successful short-term, but ultimately we'll end up with 5 times the # of registered users, and the same # of hits on a busy day. Yesterday was off the charts because everyone wanted to find out about Brady. Today is the same way - currently over 1500 logged in.

That's the price we pay for having a great site. If the advertisers would pay more for a huge increase in registered users, then I'm all for restricting guests. Otherwise, there is little to gain by keeping out people who can register and then log in. Having said all that, Ian's change is a very reasonable compromise.

Are guests allowed to lurk today?

Still kinda slow.

715 guests doesn't help. =\

If it were up to me, a person would have to register to view the forums.

Still kinda slow.

715 guests doesn't help. =\

If it were up to me, a person would have to register to view the forums.

I agree with that. There's been way too much going on with the Pats not just this season but for quite awhile. Lurkers p* me off, even tho I used to be one ;) Way too much going on to let lurkers slow down this site, if indeed that is the case.

This is ridiculous. Please make people sign up to view threads...the lurkers are killing us.

i agree...block guests

Shut it down, lets go to the matresses!
( This does suck, but the way the Pats are playing maybe the problem will solves itself)

Re: Can We Block Guests on Game Days

I will sign as well....members only on gameday sounds good to me.

Re: Can We Block Guests on Game Days

Board once again slow as hell today.

so slow.. please block

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey