PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Block Guests on game day...Please Sign the Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This board is crazy slow. 50% of them probably aren't pats fans.

we're getting infected.

Please count me in! Is it even possible to block visitors without passwords? I know I can visit any site (unless I've been banned:D) I please just to lurk.

I just installed a mod where Guests are now limited to 10 views before being forced to register. It's already bumping them off and we're speeding up as we speak ;)

Ian

That must have been it because suddenly I can sign in and post again:woohoo: Actually, I can finally READ the board again-it wouldn't even move post to post or thread to thread.

:banned:

I just installed a mod where Guests are now limited to 10 views before being forced to register. It's already bumping them off and we're speeding up as we speak ;)

Ian

Thank you Ian. :)
It's too bad we can't do something to stop the trolls too...but those guys are shady characters. :p

Ian

This is true. When I got home from the game about 8pm, I couldn't even get on. I'm glad I did, because at some point I have to continue the insanity known as Tetris!

As always Ian, thanks for your hard work. :)

It's picking up right now. I've been dealing with this all day and have a couple of other ideas to deal with this, since I'm sure with the Jets coming up it won't get any easier :mad:

Ian

Ian

Thanks Ian, i appreciate it.

I think I was able to smoothly access this board for a total of 20 minutes during the entire duration of the game today.

Sign.

Ian

I have noticed that, thanks!:p

Thanx Ian.....

Re: Can We Block Guests on Game Days

Just added a mod that limits guests to 10 thread views before being forced into logging in or registering. Hopefully that helps, and it already seems to be as it's speeding up as we speak. - Ian

great job Ian ... can you play any QB?

great job Ian ... can you play any QB?

I'm 32 & retired F.B.N...and I'm not in game shape :rofl:

Looks like things are running better now. Although we've had nearly 50 registrations in the last hour....thankfully many of them seem to be Pats Fans. The rest you'll have to visit in the Visiting Locker Room :cool:

Ian

I'm 32 & retired F.B.N...and I'm not in game shape :rofl:

Looks like things are running better now. Although we've had nearly 50 registrations in the last hour....thankfully many of them seem to be Pats Fans. The rest you'll have to visit in the Visiting Locker Room :cool:

Ian

very good job...

and yea, hopefully most registrations are pats fans who need to "vent" a little with fellow comrads...who all shared the same experience today

Have to agree with the premise, I couldn't get on during the game. Had to settle with the Brit forums I normally frequent.

Thanks Ian, both for the mod and the site in general.

Last edited:
Thanks Ian!

It's picking up right now. I've been dealing with this all day and have a couple of other ideas to deal with this, since I'm sure with the Jets coming up it won't get any easier :mad:

Ian

Awsome............. Thanks Ian

Kontradiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes