PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blessing in disguise

Status
Not open for further replies.

LloydBraun

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Rodney's suspension will stop all of the talk about us being automatic SB favourites.

This is also a common sense thing. This league is full of 300 lb monsters that run like the wind. Combine that with the fact that they do not test for HGH and you get, DUH!

PED's are a bigger problem in the NFL than any other league, IMO. HGH, for example, helps you to recover, makes you bigger and stronger, AND, they do not test for it.

HELLO

We as Pats fans and NFL fans have been naive, our time was coming and sounds like it may finally be here.

Rodney's mistake was not buying it anonymously, which in a sense tells you that he may have not done it long term.

Take Shannon Sharpe, he has all of the symptoms of an HGH abuser. Even his peers refer to him as a horseface.

It's too bad Rodney is susp. for using it to recover when many others are using it to doinate.

Rodney's suspension will stop all of the talk about us being automatic SB favourites.

This is also a common sense thing. This league is full of 300 lb monsters that run like the wind. Combine that with the fact that they do not test for HGH and you get, DUH!

PED's are a bigger problem in the NFL than any other league, IMO. HGH, for example, helps you to recover, makes you bigger and stronger, AND, they do not test for it.

HELLO

We as Pats fans and NFL fans have been naive, our time was coming and sounds like it may finally be here.

Rodney's mistake was not buying it anonymously, which in a sense tells you that he may have not done it long term.

Take Shannon Sharpe, he has all of the symptoms of an HGH abuser. Even his peers refer to him as a horseface.

It's too bad Rodney is susp. for using it to recover when many others are using it to doinate.
the only blessing i see is merriweather gets thrown in the mix quicker which will help as the season progresses and rodney will be completely healthy when he returns

the only blessing i see is merriweather gets thrown in the mix quicker which will help as the season progresses and rodney will be completely healthy when he returns
and he will have four more weeks of recovery, and won't be worn down when the playoffs come around. (This is why I didn't mind if Asante held out for 10 weeks - fresh legs in the Dbackfield for the playoffs.)

HELLO

Lol....his mistake was not buying it anonymously.......his mistake was breaking the NFL rules. Love these threads condoning it becasue everyone else is using......my kids try that excuse all the time too.

Lol....his mistake was not buying it anonymously.......his mistake was breaking the NFL rules. Love these threads condoning it becasue everyone else is using......my kids try that excuse all the time too.

LloycBraun isn't condoning anything. He's stating that we've been naive and now it's on our doorstep.

I am right there with you APF. He knowingly broke the rules and crapped on the integrity of the game. He knows he did wrong but who are we fooling? Does anyone think that he would've admitted to it if his name wasn't one under investigation?

Rodney is my favorite player on the team. Can I see his predicament, yes. Can I condone the fact that he broke the rules by trying to justify it with his desire to play, absolutely not.

One of the biggest problems in America today is that people don't take responsibility for their actions. This is the reason why I will still support him. He has taken responsibility for his actions and will now pay his penance for making this bad decision. We give convicted criminals second chances all the time so why shouldn't Rodney be given the same? He must prove he deserves that second chance and after following him for 4 years on this team I am certain he will prove that he does indeed deserve his second chance.

There is nothing good about this. NE loses a starting safety for 4 games. The guy is finally healthy and we can't use him.

They're still the superbowl favorites.

I completely understand why Rodney took HGH, but that doesn't make it right or acceptable. I do hope this brings a little more attention to the fallacy that PEDs are not a problem in the NFL.

The problem here is that Rodney only gets a 4 game suspension. He was faced with a choice, and the worst-case scenario was getting caught and only missing 4 games. For an old guy rehabbing a serious injury that's a no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots