PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bledsoe's post-football life

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is tasteless about it?

As stated above Drew is still my second favorite player of all time and I am not ashamed to admit that I own a Mo Lewis Jersey......and I would like to add Drew being one tough SOB and trying to play after that hit to my list of great Drew memories and I would like to add Drew being one tough SOB and turning into almost the exact same hit on his first or second play from scrimmage after the injury.

I got a Mo Lewis Rocks jersey.

He was just in Montana

I processed the paperwork for his car rental :D

I, ME started watching when he was a toddler. Perhaps it permanently damaged his psyche...

I'm glad Drew has a passion for winemaking. He didn't have the necessary level of passion for his previous craft, although he had all the measurables and absolutely loved slingin' it on Sundays. Unfortunately the game has evolved schematically to the point that god given talent is seldom enough to get you where your team wants to go.

You nailed it right here, I remember when Drew was still playing for us near the end of his run and a former player turned broadcaster (name escapes me) said that Drew came along 10 years too late for his style.

It's funny - people can't like Brady and appreciate Bledsoe - it's never worked. When that whole incident occurred in 2001 this board was here (in another format) and I can tell you first hand I've read hundreds of threads on that subject and people always insist on bashing the guy.

The guy helped bring the franchise back to respectibility and got the team to several postseason appearances and a Super Bowl, and at the time it was more than anyone had really done consistantly to that point. Obviously the hit he sustained (which did nearly kill him) changed the course of history, and obviously that's where Brady got his shot.

The difference between Brady & Bledsoe can be summed up like a quote I heard yesterday. Bledsoe wanted to win, while Brady needs to win. Bledsoe's best years were always in a year he had something to prove. Look back historically and he always had a great year followed by a not so great year. Back-to-Back solid seasons were always something he struggled with.

Say what you want about the guy, but he's never cheated on his wife, been arrested, or assaulted anyone (unless you count the stupid stage diving incident) and he started a foundation focused on being a great parent. Each year when the season was over he headed back west and from everything I read over the years spending time with his family in the offseason was always more important. Granted that didn't make him a better football player, and while he may not have achieved 'complete success' on the field, at least it appears he's certainly achieving plenty of it now that he's retired. So good for him.

Agreed.

I hate coming on this board and seeing Bledsoes name in a thread title. It always turns into a 'lets point out Drews shortcomings' thread. AND, its always the same couple of posters that start the bashing. :rolleyes:

He was just in Montana

I processed the paperwork for his car rental :D

For real? That's funny.

Drew was good. Brady is great. What's so hard about that?

Drew was good. Brady is great. What's so hard about that?

Yep.

I remember Tom saying something in a press conference that went along the lines of "you don't have to dislike one to like the other".

I love Bledsoe, but F Parcells that ignominious tub of crap.

He isn't going broke, he isn't fathering a dozen illegitimate kids, he isn't getting arrested, he isn't acting like he knows what he is talking about in other sports on TV or radio- he is just enjoying his middle age and watching his kids grow up, something not many NFL players get to do after retirement.

Congratulations to him for his success, may he continue on for years to come.

i'm glad Drew is enjoing is life

i was yr fan # 11 Drew Bledsoe !

Yep, in these days of Roethlesberger, Plaxico Burress, Cromartie I'm glad Bledsoe was on this team.

I swear, there's always been this freaking backlash against Drew Bledsoe by almost every Pats fan who's under the age of 40. Most of y'all didn't even come on board 'till they had the blue jerseys. Well, you're all spoiled. 5 Super Bowl trips in 12 years.
I'm 43 and I, ME, I remember Pats joke quarterbacks I, ME, I had to suffer watching through the 70's & 80's, like...

Hugh Millen
Bob Bleir
Tom Ramsey
Doug Flutie (who blew 1st time around, and wasn't a factor on later jaunts)
Tom freaking Owen
Hugh Millen
Marc Wilson
Matt Cavanaugh
and Tony Eason (who's the only Super Bowl qb not to complete a pass)

Allow ME to tell you that when Bledsoe came, The Pats finally had a real quarterback who's ability (emphasis on the word "ability") other teams feared. Yeah, a REAL marquee name around the league. Before that, most people couldn't even NAME whoever was the Pats quarterback was at any point and time.

There's 5 Pats qb's who are above juvenile jibes like yours. They're named Parilli, Plunkett, Grogan, Bledsoe, and Brady. What? Where the heck were YOU while those other cans of corn up there were slinging for The Pats in the old stadium? Yer spoiled.
Oh, and as far as Brady playing at 38, we'll believe it when we see it. What, You got a freakng crystal ball 'er sumpthin'?

Bledsoe put The Pats back on the map. The relevancy map. I remember DECADES when they weren't even on the radar, lost in the sea of nfl oblivion. You want me to give you a ride to school this morning? Learn your history prior to the year 2000, junior. The Dalai Lama you're not.

Don't forget about the immortal Tommy Hodson.

The greatest arm I have ever seen. He threw the ball quicker and more accurately than I can throw a fastball.

The mobility of Stephen Hawking however meant that he was never going to be a HOF'er.

The greatest arm I have ever seen. He threw the ball quicker and more accurately than I can throw a fastball.

The mobility of Stephen Hawking however meant that he was never going to be a HOF'er.

Well it wasn't just lack of mobility that caused The Statue to miss greatness. An intelligent guy, he simply wasn't an avid student of the game and that arm you mentioned caused him, always at the wrong time, to overestimate its ability and to toss a brutal drive killin' game losin' pick.

It's good to see that a decent guy, and good family man is living a healthy, productive, fun and interesting post football career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back