PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bledsoe to have his best year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
He finally has a bonifide #1 reciever that he can rely on. Not only will it help Drew Bledsoe, but it should open up the running game as well. I hope Owens and Bledsoe get it done because in my heart, I'm still a fan of Drew. Now their draft pick gives them much more value at this point, they can pretty much take the best available player. :) Dallas should be a legitimate contender if all goes well.

THEARCHIVES said:
He finally has a bonifide #1 reciever that he can rely on. Not only will it help Drew Bledsoe, but it should open up the running game as well. I hope Owens and Bledsoe get it done because in my heart, I'm still a fan of Drew. Now their draft pick gives them much more value at this point, they can pretty much take the best available player. :) Dallas should be a legitimate contender if all goes well.

I'm very happy for you.

THEARCHIVES said:

I see what you are saying...but if T.O. went nuts with McNabb, how will he feel with Bledsoe when he throws off that back foot? However, Dallas has it's best chance under Parcells yet...NFC is going to be a dogfight to the end.

:eek: :rofl:

Stick a fork in 'em. They're completely cooked!

Like I said on an earlier post, Mr. Manic, meet Mr. Depressive!

THEARCHIVES said:
He finally has a bonifide #1 reciever that he can rely on.

Deja vu all over again. That's what Eagles fans said too. Remind me how that all worked out. That little pissing contest Keyshawn had after Drew hung him out and then called him out for dropping the pass after he got clocked will pale in comparison to the sparks that will fly the first time Drew so much as hints something was TO's fault, not to mention the frustration that will gnaw at TO once he realizes Drew can't get the ball to him from his ass.

This is likely Tuna and Drew's swan song season, and it's shaping up to be a potential doozie.

nothingh contrary form my side on an eventual Super Bowl between

Patriots and Cowboys

"Patty" Bedsore is the most overated POS in the league....just wait til TO crosses the middle wide open and Drewpy stands there patting the pig like the moron he's ALWAYS been.

Who is Drew Bledsoe ?????

I guess Moulds was chopped liver.
First bonafide #1 WR?
How bout the guy is the personification of mediocrity. I can't belive even after all these years people still make exuses for the guy. Never had a good OL never had a TE, never had a RB never had a WR never had a good OC. How about the guy never got better since his second or third year in the league? If anything he keeps getting worse. The guy keeps making rookie mistakes and does not have the mental capacity to do so or he would have by now. The guy is a JAG.

The younger Glenn and Moulds were bonafide #1 guys. And Bledsoe was a great Patriot lets not be so hard on him.

Three annual predictions you can bet your soul on hearing:

1. The Rush Limbaugh disciples will wave the Pom Poms for the Republicans.

2. The Michael Moore disciples will wave the Pom Poms for the Demorcrats.

3. The Drew-hoos will wave the Pom Poms that THIS will finally be the year for Frankensloe to become the elite QB he never was.

I'm still a Bledsoe fan, too. Of course, I'd rather see us win the superbowl next season but if for some reason we don't get to the big game, then I hope Drew can get a ring.

R_T26 said:
and Bledsoe was a great Patriot lets not be so hard on him.

i agree with you.
difficult for me to understand why some people is hard with him and sometimes and regularly i see some hard posts for him...
sad and bad.
he was a good qb, he was with us many years, he was a class person that helped a lot Brady and never made a polemic...
when he arrived do you remember where we where ?
he put together with Kraft the emotions back on our franchise.

he was for many years a NEW ENGLAND PATRIOT.

i respect Drew Bledsoe a lot.

Im glad people respect Drew Bledsoe,cause TO certainly wont...

chowder said:
I'm still a Bledsoe fan, too. Of course, I'd rather see us win the superbowl next season but if for some reason we don't get to the big game, then I hope Drew can get a ring.
Blech. One Super Bowl win and we'll hear all about "America's Team" for the next 5 years. Screw that, I just hope Pat-Pat-Pat-Sack and Me.O. provide some good soap opera material for our drab lives. ;)

Look...the reason I can't stand the Bledsoetue is after the Super Bowl in 96 not only did he get a new contract for obscene cash, he also lobbied and got Kraft to sign the twin abominations, Gruesome(Rucci) and Grim(Lane) to 2.7 million dollar GUARANTEED contracts which at the time was HUGE.

So then what we as fans got was 6.5 sacks a game, 22 pressures, Dumb and Dumber shuffling off the field after every 3 and out with their shoulders slumped and Drewpy playing the stoic battered hero every week in the press. Well, THESE TWO CLOWNS were his best palsy walsies and he turned the Patriots into Drewpy's Secret Buddy Club.

BB knew this well before he got here and when he took over...OUT went Disgrucciful and sayonara Max Dreck....immediately....while Drewpy fretted and frittered away in the press at the loss of his "best friends". Yeah, how about you learn to step up in the pocket, Deer-In-The-Headlights?

Please....Bedsore was what was fundamentally WRONG with the Patriots organization ...thank God BB had the guts to make the switch and to hell with all the Drewpy buttswabs that are still in the throes of this insane manlove for the clayfooted statue

Last edited:
Its possible that TO could decide to just shut up and play football (but I'm not going to hold my breath)

Bledsoe and TO both are running out of time as they attempt to define their respective legacies - for different reasons. Bledsoe to show that he was and is an elite QB - with no more time for any excuses that he doesn't have good players around him.

TO simply to show that he can be a team player (or at least fake it for a season) and maybe grab a ring.

I don't see it happening but would love to see a Brady Bledsoe, Tuna BB Super Bowl so I will be rooting for them.

The thing I can't stand about you Joker is how you insist on beating around the bush all the time and making us try to friggin' guess at what you're really feeling.

Joker said:
Look...the reason I can't stand the Bledsoetue is after the Super Bowl in 96 not only did he get a new contract for obscene cash, he also lobbied and got Kraft to sign the twin abominations, Gruesome(Rucci) and Grim(Lane) to 2.7 million dollar GUARANTEED contracts which at the time was HUGE.

So then what we as fans got was 6.5 sacks a game, 22 pressures, Dumb and Dumber shuffling off the field after every 3 and out with their shoulders slumped and Drewpy playing the stoic battered hero every week in the press. Well, THESE TWO CLOWNS were his best palsy walsies and he turned the Patriots into Drewpy's Secret Buddy Club.

BB knew this well before he got here and when he took over...OUT went Disgrucciful and sayonara Max Dreck....immediately....while Drewpy fretted and frittered away in the press at the loss of his "best friends". Yeah, how about you learn to step up in the pocket, Deer-In-The-Headlights?

Please....Bedsore was what was fundamentally WRONG with the Patriots organization ...thank God BB had the guts to make the switch and to hell with all the Drewpy buttswabs that are still in the throes of this insane manlove for the clayfooted statue

I appreciate everything that Bledsoe did for the Pats, and I was one of the people who wasn't so sure that trading Bledsoe and keeping Brady was the right thing to do...there have been plenty of QBs who had a great start to their careers and were unable to sustain it. My fears about Brady here were happily shown to be unfounded and the rest is history...

...but I am really getting weary of all the people who suggest that bledsoe can be a winning QB as long as he is given all the support he needs. The support is defined as a great OL that gives him all the time he needs to throw, a great running game so that he can mix it up, and great WRs and TEs so that he has target to throw to.

Having all of that would be great, but most NFL QBs would thrive in those conditions, but a truly great QB like Brady can win without the ideal supporting cast, and if it takes a perfect supporting cast for a QB to be successful, then maybe this QB is the place to start with fixing the problem. Even with the perfect supporting cast it isn't going to correct Drew's continuing problems with game losing decisions at critical moments.

Drew is a decent QB given lots of help, but hardly a great one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back