PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bledsoe to hand off Lamar Hunt trophy if Pats win

Status
Not open for further replies.
remaincalm-01.jpg

What an idiotic post.

Ok, I'll just agree with you that the Jets won because we gave them bulletin board material, not the myriad of mistakes we made. Yup.

The Jets wouldn't have been motivated to play in the divisional round if stupid little Welker hadn't opened his mouth and we'd have been stroking our next Lombardi trophy already!

Clearly, assuming that super competitive freakish athletes don't need extra motivation to compete for the biggest award in sports is the more idiotic theory.

Bulletin board stuff is overrated. Sure it looks kind of embarrassing if we lose and might be a jinx but I wouldn't lose any sleep over this. The hungrier team is going to win, period. The Jets couldn't have provided anymore 'bulletin board material' for us last year and what happened? A trip to the SB is all the motivation you should need otherwise you're playing the wrong game.

Oh yeah, this would be awesome to see!

.....................:eat3:

Attachments

• cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 164
via reiss twitter
Robert Kraft just told a shocked Drew Bledsoe that if Pats win vs Balt, Drew will hand off Trophy to team

I love our owner but all this post game planning and discussions of legacies of brady and bb make me very nervous. Remember when they patented that 19-0 thing ?
Ugh. Please don't call that current day, sterling silver abomination the "Lamar Hunt Trophy."

I understand that people think this is being way overblown, and it probably is.

On the other hand, even the seemingly most innocuous sh!t can be used as bulletin board material, especially by a team as proud as the Ravens. Look at how the Jets rallied around their idiot coach last year after Welker poked a little fun at him.

Bad move by Kraft. It also seems sort of disrespectful to Brady in a weird way.
Yeah. Sure. The Ravens weren't really all that motivated for the AFCCG, but now that this thing has come out, it'll make them REALLY try to win. :rolleyes:

(Denzel Washington voice) My Man....

72495197_display_image.jpg

BUT, should the Patriots win today, will Bledsoe pat the trophy before giving it to someone else? :D

I understand the sentiment, reuniting the clan... That said, no need to announce it in advance. Just motivational fodder for an opponent who is sitting in a hotel room either watching it on air or on twitter. Remember, the Eagles didn't plan their parade and announce schools would be dismissed, the mayor did... I'm sure Bill winced. He'd use it as motivation if he thought they needed more. Harbaugh likely will too. It is what it is...

Wonder who did release this info? It just seems so UNpatriot.

Wonder who did release this info? It just seems so UNpatriot.

Perhaps I should have read the whole thread first:p

"Prior to saying that Kraft said: "If we're lucky enough to win the game". Then earlier in the interview when asked about the Ravens he said "They're a really good team".

It wasn't done in a pompous or presumptuous way. It was more like Kraft wanted Bledsoe to know that he wants him to feel like he's still part of the team.

Tonight was the 18th year to the day that Kraft bought the team. Bledsoe was the QB when he bought it."

Every team in the league that gets to a big game like this makes some sort of plans for what they are going to do if they win. It is not a curse or disrespect to the other team. They just want to make sure that if they do win they are ready for everything that is going to happen.

A very emotional one for Mr Kraft,
showing more sentimentality this time.

Peter King said during a 2 hour visit this week,
Mr Kraft broke 4 times.
Feeling it relentlessly,
always there, just below the surface.

Can't help but feel it too.

A big reason to expect a high energy
performance from our team today.
This is not a business as usual year.

just woke up, and realized again .... oohhh noooo, we are doomed.. I'm so nervous..:bricks:

via reiss twitter
Robert Kraft just told a shocked Drew Bledsoe that if Pats win vs Balt, Drew will hand off Trophy to team

I love our owner but all this post game planning and discussions of legacies of brady and bb make me very nervous. Remember when they patented that 19-0 thing ?

I'm sure that the NFL required this as they have made this a part of the presentation for the last few years (retired player involvement) and it has to be choreographed before the game is played. Relax, take deep breaths, and enjoy the game. Good choice also (and I am not a Bledsoian).

Why did they change the trophy to that blech looking one anyway? The old one was way better I think.

If by some chance the Pats lose.....which I don't think happens.....there will be 100+ things that will be able to be pointed to as a reason for the loss....again....which I don't think will happen....but of that 100...this idea of Drew handing off the AFC championship trophy will be somewhere above that 100 items....

I still haven't forgiven that red sweatshirt from 2007.

Why did they change the trophy to that blech looking one anyway? The old one was way better I think.

Wow, didn't realize it'd been changed, and EWW! I never was a big fan of the old design, but the new one looks like a Cracker Jack prize :bricks:

A very emotional one for Mr Kraft,
showing more sentimentality this time.

Peter King said during a 2 hour visit this week,
Mr Kraft broke 4 times.
Feeling it relentlessly,
always there, just below the surface.

Can't help but feel it too.

A big reason to expect a high energy
performance from our team today.
This is not a business as usual year.

Mr. Kraft loved his wife. You can still see the pain on his face. Reminds me of my aunt when my uncle died. It took years for her to get over the pain of his loss. Very sad. You are right, this season is not business as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes