PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bledsoe, Parcells now eligible for HOF

Status
Not open for further replies.
parcells , of course

bledsoe, no

When do Bru and Harrison become eligible?

And I agree with the others: Parcells easily, Drew no

Last edited:
Parcells is a lock.

Bledsoe ranks 8th in passing yards, with Testaverde and Kerry Collins above and below. That is appropriate as they also will be regarded as occasionally good QBs who do not make the Canton cut.

I like Bledsoe as a Pats QB, but gaudy numbers and no rings with a mediocre career passer rating of 77 in the modern NFL do not create much of a case in favor of him.

I agree with the sentiment that Parcells gets in easy, but Bledsoe doesn't have a realistic chance. I love Bledsoe, but he was never consistently one of the best QBs of his era. He had a few years he was among the top at his position, but mostly he was above average. You need to be elite for a number of years to get in. He's got some gaudy numbers, but that is because the Pats threw so much when he was here.

The problem with Bledsoe being eligible for the HOF is that, no matter what happens, we're going to be subjected to the never-ending caterwalling of Ron Borges. If Bledsoe doesn't make it, he's going to whine and cry about it. If Bledsoe does make it, then Borges is going to go on another rant about how BB replaced a "HOF" QB with some no-named kid. Of course, the fact that Brady is going to be a guaranteed 1st ballot HOFer won't make a difference to Borges.

The problem with Bledsoe being eligible for the HOF is that, no matter what happens, we're going to be subjected to the never-ending caterwalling of Ron Borges. If Bledsoe doesn't make it, he's going to whine and cry about it. If Bledsoe does make it, then Borges is going to go on another rant about how BB replaced a "HOF" QB with some no-named kid. Of course, the fact that Brady is going to be a guaranteed 1st ballot HOFer won't make a difference to Borges.

Well, Borges is the one Boston writer who can do anything about Bledsoe getting into the Hall since he is a voter and was instrumental for Andre Tippett getting in.

As for him biatching, does anyone even listen to the guy anymore. The last article I remember he wrote that caused much waves was him blasting the signing of Adalius Thomas (which might the last time he was right).

Parcells yes, Bledsoe no.

A statistical argument can be made for Bledsoe but he doesn't pass the eye test, those who watched him know he was a good QB but not a HOF player.

The HOF loves volume stats and only Testaverde has more passing yards and isn't in. So I wouldn't doubt somebody will try to make the case for him but with a 101-98 record as a starter, a 77.1 QBR in the live ball era and a 251:206 TD:INT ratio I don't see how they can put him in.

I'm as big a Bledsoe fan as there is but even I don't think he'll get in as a player. I just take solace knowing he's at least been IN the Hall of Fame for breaking a record back in 1998 when he led two fourth-quarter comebacks in a row... with pins in his pinkie.

Well, Borges is the one Boston writer who can do anything about Bledsoe getting into the Hall since he is a voter and was instrumental for Andre Tippett getting in.

As for him biatching, does anyone even listen to the guy anymore. The last article I remember he wrote that caused much waves was him blasting the signing of Adalius Thomas (which might the last time he was right).

It's really too bad that they can't do better than Borges the plagiarist and cripple beater for the New England representative on both the selection and senior commitees for HOF voting. There is no way he can remain objective about the team he covers. He is a vile creature.

Cowher is eligible for the first time, as are players Keyshawn Johnson, Tiki Barber, Drew Bledsoe, Stephen Davis, Rod Smith, Will Shields, Troy Vincent and Mike Vanderjagt.
Parcells and Schottenheimer previously were eligible under different requirements. .... Altogether, 103 men are eligible;

Well from among the other first timers; I have to say Drew is at the top of the list. You mean to tell me you think MeShawn deserves to be in there in front of Drew? Maybe Tiki you could put in front of him; but certainly not vanderjagt or meshawn.

The question is who is among the 103 residuals for competition. I seem to recall there was a backlog of competitive guys. But if not then Drew will pick up votes from guys who feel they have to vote for somebody.

Well from among the other first timers; I have to say Drew is at the top of the list. You mean to tell me you think MeShawn deserves to be in there in front of Drew? Maybe Tiki you could put in front of him; but certainly not vanderjagt or meshawn.

The question is who is among the 103 residuals for competition. I seem to recall there was a backlog of competitive guys. But if not then Drew will pick up votes from guys who feel they have to vote for somebody.

I'd like to see the full list because, of the guys you mentioned, I'd say NONE of them other than maybe Will Shields deserve to be in the HOF.

Of the FULL LIST, here are the ones I believe deserve to be in the HOF:
QB: None
RB: Terrell Davis, Curtis Martin
WR: None
TE: Ben Coates
O-Line: Will Shields, Willie Roaf
D-Line: None
LB: Cornellius Bennett
DB:
ST:

Coaches: Parcells.
Contributors: Steve Sabol, Paul Tagliabue, Bud Adams

Bledsoe Patriots hall of fame, Parcells football HOF

I never felt good when Drew had the ball in big games, deer-in the headlights mode. watching him go pic happy during the 97 SB run was painful.

this site harbor die hard Bledsoe fans still out for brady's head?:eek:

Tuna's press conferences=entertaining.

I think it is (or should be) becoming very obvious that all-time NFL career rankings are almost meaningless, especially for quarterbacks and receivers. The game has changed so dramatically that ranking high in career passing yards or receiving yards does not mean a whole lot.

When six of the top ten all-time yardage leaders played in the last decade, you should stop and think about how valid that list is as a measure of greatness.

When Vinny Testaverde and Kerry Collins rank higher than Joe Montana and Johnny Unitas, you should stop and think about whether you want to even look at those rankings at all or just throw them in the trash.

I'm open to considering Bledsoe for the NFL hall of Fame, but I'm not going to put much weight into where he currently (i.e., he won't be #8 for too long) ranks in career stats. In my opinion what is far more impressive is how he ranked against his peers: for example, four years in the top five in passing yards, and seven times in the top ten. However, overall I think Bledsoe falls just a bit short.

When do Bru and Harrison become eligible?

And I agree with the others: Parcells easily, Drew no
Correct on Parcells and Drew. Bruschi - not a chance, despite a great career as a Patriot. Rodney - iffy because 1) he was widely perceived as a "dirty" player, and 2) the HGH suspension. I believe Rodney only made the Pro Bowl twice, which is ridiculous when you consider Merriweather made it twice. But perception, unfortunately, is often reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes