PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bledsoe coming out of retirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that shows is what kind of a piece of turd arsehole you are.

Nice job there. Not only did you just kill any modicum of credibility you might have had, but you just made it so no one will even bother to give you the time of day.

Coming from a guy who's given me nothing but crap all day, why am I not surprised you feel as though you should speak for everyone.

In a Vinny Testaverde/Jim Miller/Doug Flutie-type role, it could work.

He's been on his couch for over a hundred weeks now (since he refused to back up romo)...literally publicly humiliated by the guy who drafted him, another HC he had unkind words for who gave him a second chance at redemption with a playoff caliber team. And he only made one play in that game AFCC and nearly threw it away later...I think third string Damon Huard could have handled those duties, too. Troy Brown and the defense led us to victory...revisionist history is really something.

Yeah I guess we shouldn't credit Tom Brady for the SB36 win. All he did was throw screen passes and lead 1 real drive for a FG. It was all Ty law, Otis Smith, and the rest of the defense who led us forget crediting the QB :rolleyes: Look I'm not hailing Drew as the answer to all our problems I just don't see how he's not worth at least a look if he's willing to play.

:rolleyes:I guess the minor point that BB would never ever consider doing this is irrelevant to those foolish enough to believe the rantings of a radio doofus.

5-11
0-2
Flips a blind no look pass over his head in the AFCCG
Throws the ball into the chest of a Steelers LB in the AFCCG
Hustled off to Buffalo by BB
Ended his career as a starter with a Red Zone INT that got him yanked. Typical.
Out of football for a couple seasons.

Yah, it would really be likely that the Pats are asking him to come back.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have a thing for chaos and I would almost like to see this for the pure comedic value. I can hear Al from Everett on the WEEI Whiner Line already.

I we can't win a Superbowl this year, this would be the next most most entertaining thing to do, seeing the circus of Bledsoe returning to the Pats.

FloridaPatsFan I hope you didn't make this up, if you did you are going to give us FL transplants a bad name LOL.

Yeah, the more I think about this, you Bledsoe bashers are right, I don't what to give a shot to a guy who took a 1-15 team to the playoffs in his second year and to the Super Bowl in his fourth year and helped another by coming off the bench after being out all season and nearly dying in the process.

I'd much rather pin all my hopes this year on a guy who has never started an NFL game, held a clipboard for four years in college and four in the pros and previous to Sunday, he's crowning moment was coming into a game vs the winless Doofins and throwing just about the worst pic I've ever seen, which resulted in BB blowing a gasket and putting Brady back in.

Funny how about two weeks ago there were 4,000 threads calling for this guys head, now he's the second coming of Marino, Elway, Montana and Paul Crew all rolled into one.

We get it, you can stop piling on now.

nice post. but you got Cassel's "crowning moment" incorrect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrROLWbtTzY

I have a thing for chaos and I would almost like to see this for the pure comedic value. I can hear Al from Everett on the WEEI Whiner Line already.

I we can't win a Superbowl this year, this would be the next most most entertaining thing to do, seeing the circus of Bledsoe returning to the Pats.

FloridaPatsFan I hope you didn't make this up, if you did you are going to give us FL transplants a bad name LOL.

Thanks for a moment of comedy Pheenix.

Heard it about 6pm from a sometimes credible sports personality down here by the name of "Shot Doctor". I have no idea where "shot" got his information, but I thought it was worth sharing with the die hards here.

It has gotten completely ugly in here.

But you can always count on a few so-called-experts to turn an information sharing thread into an opportunity to attack posters.

I like this thread, it made me laugh hysterically at the mere idea. I have nothing against Molewisrocks but I can picture him crying softly in a fetal position. After a rough weekend, this has brought a smile to my face.

Yeah I guess we shouldn't credit Tom Brady for the SB36 win. All he did was throw screen passes and lead 1 real drive for a FG. It was all Ty law, Otis Smith, and the rest of the defense who led us forget crediting the QB :rolleyes: Look I'm not hailing Drew as the answer to all our problems I just don't see how he's not worth at least a look if he's willing to play.

I think you people have been watching alternate feeds for years. Brady led two scoring drives including that one for the FG after being pinned inside his own 15 with a minute twenty and no time outs left and Drew telling him to just sling it... The other was that fade to Patten in the corner of the EZ before the half that put the Pat's up by 10...

Only if we can't get Jim Plunkett or Babe Pirelli.

In a Vinny Testaverde/Jim Miller/Doug Flutie-type role, it could work.

He would never be a #2 and you want him to try inactive third string mentor? LOL

I could just see him on the sidelines with his headset and clipboard screaming just f'in sling it Cassel!!!

I think you people have been watching alternate feeds for years. Brady led two scoring drives including that one for the FG after being pinned inside his own 15 with a minute twenty and no time outs left and Drew telling him to just sling it... The other was that fade to Patten in the corner of the EZ before the half that put the Pat's up by 10...

The Patten TD drive started in Rams territory, just like Bledsoe's TD drive in Pittsburgh game. Bledsoe led a key FG drive after Pittsburgh scored 2 TD's to cut the lead to 21-17. Led another good drive but was screwed out of a completion that would have kept the drive going, instead AV misses a long FG. Made a big 3rd down conversion on a sideline floater to Troy Brown when we were pinned fairly deep in our territory. Face it he made some huge plays for us.

Coming from a guy who's given me nothing but crap all day, why am I not surprised you feel as though you should speak for everyone.

It's a Bledsoe thread. Whenever one of these pop up, the Bledsoe bashers post a whole lot of stupidity. Don't let it get to you. It's probably Pavlovian in nature.

Only if we can't get Jim Plunkett or Babe Pirelli.

That's funny, even after 50 other people made the joke. But on September 21 there will be 4 current NFL starters that are as old or older than Drew. And those are starters.

EDIT: by starters i specifically mean starting QB's

Last edited:
It's a Bledsoe thread. Whenever one of these pop up, the Bledsoe bashers post a whole lot of stupidity. Don't let it get to you. It's probably Pavlovian in nature.

Thanks Deus.

Let me tell you the last time I shared a rumor here.

A couple of years ago, one of my closest friends here hung out with Bronson Arroyo and Lenny Dinardo for a couple of days down here in Orlando. Theo Epstien had been recently fired from the Red Sox and the Sox were actively looking for a new GM.

Bronson mentioned to my friend that Theo was going to be rehired as the GM, but the anouncement was still a couple of weeks away.

Hoping to bring some good news back home, I posted here that Theo was coming back.

The attacks that came at me for the next few weeks would have made Rodney Dangerfield blush.

And then, a few weeks later, Theo Epstien was hired back as the GM.

Tough crowd around here.

Thanks Deus.

Let me tell you the last time I shared a rumor here.

A couple of years ago, one of my closest friends here hung out with Bronson Arroyo and Lenny Dinardo for a couple of days down here in Orlando. Theo Epstien had been recently fired from the Red Sox and the Sox were actively looking for a new GM.

Bronson mentioned to my friend that Theo was going to be rehired as the GM, but the anouncement was still a couple of weeks away.

Hoping to bring some good news back home, I posted here that Theo was coming back.

The attacks that came at me for the next few weeks would have made Rodney Dangerfield blush.

And then, a few weeks later, Theo Epstien was hired back as the GM.

Tough crowd around here.

Myself, I give you some credibility for the Theo post.

I'm not entirely against bringing Bledsoe back for one reason.
He could hit Randy deep.
But then I think...this guy always goes off script and can't get it done when he does.
I really don't think BB would be particularly on board but he might do it for Kraft if he felt at some point god forbid, the season becomes lost.
From what I understand Kraft was close to Bledsoe.

Last edited:
The Patten TD drive started in Rams territory, just like Bledsoe's TD drive in Pittsburgh game. Bledsoe led a key FG drive after Pittsburgh scored 2 TD's to cut the lead to 21-17. Led another good drive but was screwed out of a completion that would have kept the drive going, instead AV misses a long FG. Made a big 3rd down conversion on a sideline floater to Troy Brown when we were pinned fairly deep in our territory. Face it he made some huge plays for us.

That pass to Brown was one of the most impossible throws I'd ever seen. incredible touch on it.

Bledsoe played well that game.

Just Imagine...
Bledsoe and the Pats Vs. Romo and the Cowboys for Superbowl 43

No, it's called incredulity at people who still think Bledsoe can play in today's NFL. These people stopped watching him play in 1996.

I'm glad he got to come in on the AFCCG and play. It was a fitting farewell. But he made two so typically Bledsoe plays, one throwing a ball right into the chest of a LB who fortunately was too surprised to catch it, and that one hook shot heave over his head when about to be sacked for holding the ball too long. Miracle it wasn't a pick six. That should have been enough for anyone.

People who still miss Bledsoe do the Pavlovian drool thang.

But then, you still haven't changed your Gutierrez will have a better career than Cassel sig line (YET), so what can we expect?

Bledsoe is the answer. Yeah, I had a guy at work who never admitted Brady was better than Bledsoe. Come to think of it, he drooled, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes