PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bledsoe coming out of retirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a joke..

I heard it on the radio about 6pm here in Orlando and it came from a guy I usually consider a bufoon, but once in a while, he calls it right. So, I'm not sure what to believe, but he sounded absolutely convinced that it was true.

Sorry, but this is BS. Drewpy left with a sour taste in his mouth and Belichick couldn't get rid of him fast enough.

Bledsoe is still young enough to play at a high level. He has to be healthier and fresher right now than at any time since his rookie year. I think it would be a beautiful thing.

Ok, quick question and I don't want to start a different thread about it...........

Assuming a 2-1 or 3-0 record heading into the bye, is there anyone here who doesn't think the Patriots could win 11+ games AND the division if Bledsoe were to take over after the bye week?

What was Bledsoe's record under BB?

Let's see...
5-11
0-2

Yah, clearly the Bledsoe who ended his starting career improvising within the red zone by throwing a pick that got him permanently yanked in Dallas would win the division. :rolleyes:

It would be awesome if this happened. The number of strokes and suicides from this message board alone would set Massachusetts death levels at an all time high. MoLewisRocks would be found rocking slowly back and forth, just mumbling the words "bring back Mo Lewis, bring back Mo Lewis" over and over.

LOL I'd take him out myself at the airport first...

I'm sorry, Drew was a stand up guy...all too often. He never took hits for the team, he whined through his toadies in the media how he didn't have the right weapons or coaching or contractual motivation. It was always somebody elses fault, including the HC he called a liar.

No way he comes back, he'd rather see Bill fail than attempt to bail him out, and no way he's asked to because Bill knows he couldn't. Some of you apparently didn't watch his death throws in this league. Given a running start like a March signing complete with welcome pc and parade and he could potentially motivate himself to do it as close to Bill's way as his makeup allows for about 3-4 starts. Then he'd regress to his norm. Which is the one thing we need to avoid if we are to have any shot at double digit wins or more... It wasn't even the number of picks he threw, it was their mindlessness and his penchant for throwing them at the most inopportune times.

I have nothing against old just f'in sling it, as long as he remains on his side of the Rockies...

What's this guy's connection to Bledsoe, who grew up in Walla Walla, went to Washington State, played in New England, Buffalo, and Dallas? Does this host have a previous relationship with Bledsoe from time he worked in another part of the country?

I guess I'm in the minority here but I'd welcome this. Bledsoe's never had an offense this good, this team just seems like a cast he could have alot of success with like in his 2nd and 4th seasons, but better. At the very least I think he'd make defenses alot more honest than Cassel and that would open up things better for Maroney/Morris. Besides, its not the options get much better.

Bledsoe had one chance to guide this team after his demotion and it came in the AFC championship @ Pittsburgh. That was really his only playing time with this team in its full swing. He didn't play spectacular (who would after not stepping on the field for 17 weeks) but he did make just enough plays to lead us to victory. While he may not be the answer, there's no need to bash the guy. He WAS part of our Super Bowl run.

If Bledsoe is in shape, that would be awesome. This would be his best shot at a superbowl (atleast one in which he plays in). Bledsoe (in game shape) is better than any of the other vet retreads; Plus it would be an awesome storyline

Bledsoe had one chance to guide this team after his demotion and it came in the AFC championship @ Pittsburgh. That was really his only playing time with this team in its full swing. He didn't play spectacular (who would after not stepping on the field for 17 weeks) but he did make just enough plays to lead us to victory. While he may not be the answer, there's no need to bash the guy. He WAS part of our Super Bowl run.

You gloss over Bledsoe's 0-2 start in 2001 against Cincy which was the pits at the time and the hated Jets.

No one here is saying its a good idea.....I'm only saying that someone has gone public with news of Bledsoe.

Calm down newby. You've been here less than a month.

Learn some proper sentence structure as well.
Well, obviously you've proven that being here more than a month does nothing for your football sense, and it is better to have poor sentence structure and be intelligent than to correct people on their sentence structure but have the brains of newt.

Listen to the "newby," Jack. You could learn a lot.

What's he got a TV gig?????????

Yeah and Steve Grogan was seen running the stairs and swimming in the stream at Bass Pro store.

Yeah, the more I think about this, you Bledsoe bashers are right, I don't what to give a shot to a guy who took a 1-15 team to the playoffs in his second year and to the Super Bowl in his fourth year and helped another by coming off the bench after being out all season and nearly dying in the process.

I'd much rather pin all my hopes this year on a guy who has never started an NFL game, held a clipboard for four years in college and four in the pros and previous to Sunday, he's crowning moment was coming into a game vs the winless Doofins and throwing just about the worst pic I've ever seen, which resulted in BB blowing a gasket and putting Brady back in.

Funny how about two weeks ago there were 4,000 threads calling for this guys head, now he's the second coming of Marino, Elway, Montana and Paul Crew all rolled into one.

We get it, you can stop piling on now.

Yeah, the more I think about this, you Bledsoe bashers are right, I don't what to give a shot to a guy who took a 1-15 team to the playoffs in his second year and to the Super Bowl in his fourth year and helped another by coming off the bench after being out all season and nearly dying in the process.

I'd much rather pin all my hopes this year on a guy who has never started an NFL game, held a clipboard for four years in college and four in the pros and previous to Sunday, he's crowning moment was coming into a game vs the winless Doofins and throwing just about the worst pic I've ever seen, which resulted in BB blowing a gasket and putting Brady back in.

Funny how about two weeks ago there were 4,000 threads calling for this guys head, now he's the second coming of Marino, Elway, Montana and Paul Crew all rolled into one.

We get it, you can stop piling on now.

The final thing about Bledsoe is , he rather make coffe than td's .. Which is why he never will play a down again.. he is happy with retirement.

Well, obviously you've proven that being here more than a month does nothing for your football sense, and it is better to have poor sentence structure and be intelligent than to correct people on their sentence structure but have the brains of newt.

Listen to the "newby," Jack. You could learn a lot.

Not that I've ever taken anything you've written seriously. But I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

You gloss over Bledsoe's 0-2 start in 2001 against Cincy which was the pits at the time and the hated Jets.

Like I said, the AFC championship was his only game with the Patriots in their full swing. They were not the same team they were in the first 2 weeks. The team rallied after Bledsoe's injury and it changed everything. He inherited a 4 point lead and ended up winning by 7, IN Pittsburgh. He was a key contributer to our first Super Bowl like it or not.

Not sure if this has hit PatsFans.com yet, but just heard rumor that the Patriots have contacted Drew Bledsoe and asked him to take a physical. Bledsoe has not given an answer yet, but is considering it.
As I said recently, I want Babe Parilli and I'm not going to stop saying it.

Not that I've ever taken anything you've written seriously. But I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

All that shows is what kind of a piece of turd arsehole you are.

Nice job there. Not only did you just kill any modicum of credibility you might have had, but you just made it so no one will even bother to give you the time of day.

He's been on his couch for over a hundred weeks now (since he refused to back up romo)...literally publicly humiliated by the guy who drafted him, another HC he had unkind words for who gave him a second chance at redemption with a playoff caliber team. And he only made one play in that game AFCC and nearly threw it away later...I think third string Damon Huard could have handled those duties, too. Troy Brown and the defense led us to victory...revisionist history is really something.

I would actually like this to be true.

Bledsoe still has an arm. Yes, he will be statuesque, but let's face it, if we need our fourth string QB, chances are we are in trouble anyways. At least we would see someone with some sentimental value.

Both Favre and Bledsoe retired with their last passes being interceptions. Favre unretired and may atone that, maybe Bledsoe can do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye