Welcome to PatsFans.com

Blame THEM!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

This made me laugh out loud......Not in a funny way.
    This guy has yet to accept the fact that he is the PRESIDENT. Amazing....

hey ... HEY BUSH!!!!!.... Iraq has nothing to do with this, right????

November! .....you can't come fast enough.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/29/news/economy/bush_speech/index.htm?postversion=2008042912

President calls on legislators to pass bills that will help ease the effects of the economic downturn, saying lawmakers have not done enough.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- President Bush addressed Americans' anxiety about the effects that the U.S. economic downturn has taken on their wallets Tuesday, calling on Congress to pass legislation that will help reduce energy and food costs, keep people in their homes, and make student loans more available.

Speaking at a White House Rose Garden news conference, Bush said Congress has not passed legislation that he proposed to help ease the effects of the economic slump.

"I've repeatedly submitted proposals to help address these problems, yet time after time Congress chose to block them," said Bush.

Bush said Congress failed to pass bills that expand safe oil exploration and build new refineries that would help to reduce energy prices. The president said his proposal to expand oil production at home would result in about a 20% increase of crude oil production and it would likely mean lower gas prices.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  2. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

He's been doing this from day 1 - the Iraq fiasco he's so lovingly committed to is not his fault, it's the bad (of course, cooked) intelligence. Not my fault, guy, swear!

And the only reason he's off on this crusade is that he's still looking to help the energy industry. The people hate this guy, but the press gives him a free pass. He's got the lowest approval rating of any president since Gallup has been around and how he's not laughed off the front page anymore is just plain sad.
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

You won't believe this I swear you won't. But its been a group of congressional Republicans that have been holding many of these things up. Like housing food, and education.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2008