PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Black Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Morris fired: Wow, he was the poster child of young-and-upcoming coaches this time last year. It's a harsh business.

Last edited:
Teams needing head coaches:

Miami Dolphins
Kansas City Chiefs
St Louis Rams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Jacksonville Jaguars

and possibly San Diego Chargers and Indianapolis Colts.

rob.gif

Wow.

Filed to ESPN: Irsay cleans house, including Bill and Chris Polian, per league source

Wow.

Filed to ESPN: Irsay cleans house, including Bill and Chris Polian, per league source

Just beat me to it.

Good though, couldn't have happened to a worse man, hopefully nobody else picks him up.

The Polians are gone?

Too funny.....

It will be interesting to see whether or not this has an impact upon the draft/Manning plans.

Just beat me to it.

Good though, couldn't have happened to a worse man, hopefully nobody else picks him up.

Yep. News travels, FAST..

Bill & Son Polian, gone. Caldwell probably done. Change of guards...

Maybe Irsay isn't as dense as I thought he was? Must of looked at the last 4 drafts and saw a trend. This really is a great Monday for me to see the Jets flopping around like fish out of the water. And then to top it off with a couple of Polian firings? Great year so far.

Bill Polian fired hahahaha!

Just beat me to it.

My post didn't have to travel across the Atlantic. :)

Wonder if Irsay tweeted the news to the guys.

Living in jville i have a marginal interest in what the jags are doing and it looks as though they are requesting interviews for the falcons, panthers and jets oc's. The worst thing they could do is hire BS, i really hope they don't.

Re: Coaching Carousel

He hasn't been involved with anything to do with the Patriots since 2008, the whole offense has changed since then, he has nothing on the team.

He's also regressed a huge amount as a coordinator, so shouldn't worry any Patriots fan, I know BB wouldn't lose any sleep over it either.

This is not true. The plays are the same. The personnel executing them are different. The offense is actually Belichick's. Yes, there have been minor modifications, but it is his. This came out in an ESPN article a while back..
NFL: How did New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick learn offense? A trailer deep in Tennessee holds some clues -- and his tutor. - ESPN

Not sure how you can say that McDaniels has regressed as a coordinator with the injuries that the Rams had.. They lost 8 starters on offense.

josh and he's patriots offense turned a good young QB in Sam Bradford into the worst QB in the NFL and this is in a year when 3 QB's hit 5000 yards passing and Alex Smith had a QB rateing over 90

IMO he should not be given a job by any NFL team but it is the Jets why not i would love to see them suck on offense even worst then this year

Tom Brady would look like crap if he lost his top 4 receivers AND 3 of his Starting O-line for the season.

Imagine Brady without Welker, Branch, Gronkowski and Hernandez this year. That is what Bradford had to deal with after week 2..

As I've pointed out before, here's a better reason for STL's failure:

Reserve Lists
16 Danny Amendola WR (IR)
63 Jacob Bell G (IR)
89 Mark Clayton WR (IR)
86 Michael Hoomanawanui TE (IR)
49 Brit Miller FB (IR)
18 Austin Pettis WR (Susp.)
76 Rodger Saffold T (IR)
87 Greg Salas WR (IR)
77 Jason Smith OT (IR)

Also should point out that the Rams put their top 6 CBs on the IR as well..

Tom Brady would look like crap if he lost his top 4 receivers AND 3 of his Starting O-line for the season.

Imagine Brady without Welker, Branch, Gronkowski and Hernandez this year. That is what Bradford had to deal with after week 2..

All the while, learning a new system and playing opposite a terrible defense. He deserves a pass for this season.

It also has to suck learning 3 offenses in 3 seasons.

T...Imagine Brady without Welker, Branch, Gronkowski and Hernandez this year. That is what Bradford had to deal with after week 2..

Sounds to me a little like 2006!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back