PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Black Monday and the NFL Coaching Carousel

Upon review looks like you're right. I knew they had some winning seasons just remembered them getting bounced from the playoffs multiple times in the first round. I didn't even remember them in the NFCCG (I dont think I even watched that game).

Upon review looks like you're right. I knew they had some winning seasons just remembered them getting bounced from the playoffs multiple times in the first round. I didn't even remember them in the NFCCG (I dont think I even watched that game).

Yeah, it's not a Harbaugh situation, with 3 trips to the NFCCG and a trip to the SB in 4 seasons, but it is canning the most successful HC the team's ever had after a couple of seasons where injuries really hit hard.

No?

Rex never had a QB in 6 seasons as good as Cutler.
If Cutler can't succeed with a supposed offensive genius,why would he succed with Rex?

Rex needs to go to ATL, if he wants to win.

Mark Trestman is out....

@RapSheet: First the GM, now Trestman —> RT @MikeSilver: I'm told Bears coach Marc Trestman will also be fired. @nflnetwork

Bears really wasting away Marshall/Jeffery/Forte/Bennett.

Attractive spot for a vet QB like Hoyer if they finally can Cutler.

Hope Coughlin gets canned/retire, no more of these fluke SB runs.

Hope Coughlin gets canned/retire, no more of these fluke SB runs.
I hate the Giants but I'll always be a Coughlin fan. Would love to see him as a special assistant here.

A team that had never had consecutive winning seasons had 5 of them in a row and went to the NFCCG. That's a hell of a lot better than just being a mediocre run.
Probably should have made it to the SB too if they had called that pass interference on the falcons last play of the game.

I hate the Giants but I'll always be a Coughlin fan. Would love to see him as a special assistant here.
I don't know even where to rank Coughlin. He's had so many ****ty seasons and late season collapses to go along with 2 SB and a couple of okay years. Is he a good coach? I don't even know. I guess...

He outreached the Patriots twice in SBs enough to benefit from fortunate bounces of the ball. He's just not as consistent as BB.

I don't know even where to rank Coughlin. He's had so many ****ty seasons and late season collapses to go along with 2 SB and a couple of okay years. Is he a good coach? I don't even know. I guess...
I'm a BC guy so b/c he coached here during my college years and did well I have a bias.

Hes no BB, Joe Gibbs or Chuck Noll but overall I think with what he did at JAX and winning 2 SB I rank him ahead of guys like Mike Shanahan or maybe Bill Cower.

Atlanta was winning it and then gave it away in the second half.

I'm a BC guy so b/c he coached here during my college years and did well I have a bias.

Hes no BB, Joe Gibbs or Chuck Noll but overall I think with what he did at JAX and winning 2 SB I rank him ahead of guys like Mike Shanahan or maybe Bill Cower.

Cowher is a much better coach than Coughlin.

@RapSheet: First the GM, now Trestman —> RT @MikeSilver: I'm told Bears coach Marc Trestman will also be fired. @nflnetwork

Bears really wasting away Marshall/Jeffery/Forte/Bennett.

Attractive spot for a vet QB like Hoyer if they finally can Cutler.

I think they gave up on Trestman too soon. But if you're going to need a new QB, may as well get a new HC, too I guess.

there are 48 million reasons for that

Also, if his one big flaw is that players tune him out after a few seasons, college is a natural place for him.

Its a good discussion. Both coaches are excellent.

Yeah I agree. I just think Cowher is a lot more consistent and Mike Tomlin clearly won a Super Bowl with Cowher's team.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back