Welcome to PatsFans.com

Black, Jewish Crown Heights Leaders Seek Unity

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by otis p. driftwood, May 22, 2008.

1. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

http://wcbstv.com/local/crown.heights.violence.2.730761.html
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

How can this be possible, Racism is only caused by White Right Wing Republican Christians, this must be a mistake.

GET IMUS
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

It shows how little you understand about Racism..
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

I understand that the people that yell the loudest about racism are themselves very capable of racism, but our society is seems to look the other way at "this racism".

If what is going on right now in Crown Heights was going on in Utah and Mormans were involved it would be FRONT PAGE daily and speaking of daily, the Racism in Calif between Black & Hispanic is going on daily, that also is being played down.
    But, "Get Imus"
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The mind is a terrible thing to waste...
  7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Okay, so what do you understand about racism? Serious question. Patters says racism is a function of power, so black people apparently can't be guilty of it.

I think anyone can be guilty of racism, if they don't like someone just because of race.
  8. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +87 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Why don't we ask Yankel Rosenbaum, what he thinks about the racism in Crown Heights!
  9. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Luckily, Obama will save us all:bricks:
  10. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm waiting for the rapture!
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

If the blacks are saying that Jews are evil or the Jews are saying blacks are evil, that's obviously racism. As I said in the past, anyone who says, "I hate all whites" is a racist, but that's a different kind of racism than the kind that exists simply because white people, who happen to dominate this country, tend to hang out with white people, employ white people, and feel more comfortable with white people.

When black people band together to support Obama, for instance, it's a response to the fact they've been marginalized by a largely white society. It is not a racist act for a minority that has been ghettoized to band together (just as the Irish, Jews, blacks, gays, and others have done at different times). If white people banded together to support a candidate primarily because that candidate was white, that would be racist. To oversimplify, it's harder to be racist against the dominant group, because the dominant group is the one that has defined people by their race, religion, etc.
  12. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Based on anecdotal evidence, I don't buy that. Immigrants moved here and established "Little Italy" etc because they felt more comfortable. After a generation or so, they began to spread out.
    When I was in college they started a group of 'Black Students United' on campus, to promote black pride and combat the shennangigans of the evil white students. The first thing they did after forming their group was demand the administration empty a specific housing facility so they could have their own BSU living area and not have to live with whites. That's important now--the first thing they did was demand segregation. Separate but equal, all that.

Some of the same kids that called me a cracker with all the venom in the world, just because on the first day of a government class the professor had us raise our hands to see who were "R" and who were "D". I was the only "R" in the room. I was a cracker...even though he didn't know me from Adam. That, my friend, is a form of racism.
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

More than you will ever know, everyone of these things turn into a bunch of older white guys talking about stuff they could never understand and do not even try to... keep the circle jerk going, you all sound pretty stupid to this writer.

BTW I agree with Patters it is about the power.. and in most situations blacks have little of that..
    Last edited: May 23, 2008
  14. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Who's old? :D

I was trying to ask a serious question you know. You post these little cryptic comments, and toss in some occasional barbs, but you don't offer anything toward the debate. I'd like to know what you think, so I asked you, and am asking you again.
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

My daughter is black, and have lived my whole life with stares, prejudgements, rush to judgement and comments.. I am not an absolute authority, but have seen too much in our lives that is why I laugh at all of you when you try to look at this type of issue through your very white eyes.
  16. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So there you go. You've got something valuable to add to the conversation. Thanks. I don't blame you for being a little touchy about the whole thing. I would be too, I'm sure.
  17. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

does it make any difference that the white group makes up 80% of society yet commits far fewer violent crimes than all the minority groups combined? when half of the 18-35 year olds in a certain race have spent time in jail is it racist to be apprehensive about hiring someone from this group? when a group kills people of it's own race in a grotesquly high rate is it okay to question the leaders of this group about what is promoted by said group? just a couple of fact based questions.
  18. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +895 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

They should just have on, big war in the neighborhood. With weapons. That would solve everything. :bricks: